been tweakin' on the sliders, again...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
in an effort to try and eliminate ANY and ALL vibrations associated with the sliders, i removed them and put an adhesive foam padding at the mounting plates. Also placed it where the bolts wrap around the frame.....basically, anywhere the slider touches the truck, there is padding.

Oh, i also had the bolts powdercoated while i was at it. :rolleyes:
Picture 022 (Small).jpg
picture 023 (small) (2) (Small) (Small).jpg

Wow can you say obsessive? Just messing with you. That looks cool. Hopefully I will get my sliders soon. The ones I was going to get fell through so I will probably get slee's.

stuck in GA said:
Wow can you say obsessive? Just messing with you.

Actually, i can about agree with you.........but, if i ever plan on making sliders for anyone else, i want to make sure they are perfect. I'm using my set as trial and error on what's best and what isn't. Once i get them just right i'll take the measurements and make a few sets.

Yeah I hear you. I can't wait for my slee sliders to come in. I am getting the tube ones and they said 3 weeks so I hope I can get them before GSMTR.

Concrete, they look good. Let me know if you ever decide to start building some to sell. Im interested.

I work at Pike Family Nurseries which is a plant, shrub, tree and grass store. I am also a Senior in highschool and going to Hampden Sydney College next year. I do loading and forklift driving for Pikes. Actually the forklift is a Toyota so it's pretty nice.

stuck in GA said:
tree and grass store.

What kinda grass? :D haha, hahaha

lx450landcruiser said:
stuck just out of curiosity where do you work?

And are they hiring? Banking just doesn't pay what it used to.

stuck in GA said:
I work at Pike Family Nurseries which is a plant, shrub, tree and grass store. I am also a Senior in highschool and going to Hampden Sydney College next year. I do loading and forklift driving for Pikes. Actually the forklift is a Toyota so it's pretty nice.

I'm jealous. Know what I was driving when I was your age? A POS early '80s model Chevy Chevette....but the damn thing was good in the mud! It was so light it ran right across with a good running start and was narrow enough to fit between trees that a lot of other guys couldn't get through. I still enjoy playing in the mud, now just more comfortably. ;) :D

Sorry to 'jack your thread, Jungle. BTW...nice slider mods. :beer:

Last edited:
You're taking slider mods to a whole new level concrete. One way to help eliminate rattles would be to make sure they have a solid fit ;) :D

I know, obsessive-compulsive kinda crap, i just like stuff done right. They fit solid!

No offense intended concrete, but if they are rattling then there is a fit issue. Just my take.

Junk said:
No offense intended concrete, but if they are rattling then there is a fit issue. Just my take.

Junk, i won't bore you with the 3 page post on "do your sliders vibrate"........basically, i felt a little "buzzy" after i put them on and it wasn't from the cool one's either. So i removed one, and then the other to see if it reduced the vibration. Others with slee and hannah sliders have mentioned a slight vibration. It's nothing bad, but right now time.......it's on my side, yes it is....... :grinpimp:

Oh, and by the way, i put them on last night and been driving around this morning (burning $2.35 gasoline WTF!!! :mad: :crybaby: ) and they fit like a glove. :cheers:

How do you think that foam will hold up to the elements and the underbody washings due to wheelin?

Josh83 said:
How do you think that foam will hold up to the elements and the underbody washings due to wheelin?

I don't know. Not too worried about it really. If it works then next time i'll use a piece of rubber instead.

Was Wondering If

The Foam Helped?
Just My .02 But Are The Tops Of Your Frame Brkts Touching The Bottom Of The Body Above The Frame?

2badfjs said:
The Foam Helped?
Just My .02 But Are The Tops Of Your Frame Brkts Touching The Bottom Of The Body Above The Frame?

I think so...... at least to me it seems as though the foam has helped. I don't get any vibrations now.

The brackets are not touching anything anywhere. Only thing that touches the truck is the actual feet against the frame. Here, i'll try and attach a pic.
Picture 025 (Small).jpg
Picture 026 (Small).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom