Body Lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a stock 78 FJ40 except for the V8 conversion. I want to put a body lift on so I can start making other changes. I was thinking about going with either a 3" or maybe 2 1/2" lift. What would be better in the overall scheme of things? Please help

Simple...don't do a BL

Do you need the body lift to make room for other things i.e. t-case, crawler box etc., or is it strictly for tire clearance and looks? If for tire clearance/looks, stay away from body lift and look at increasing suspension height.

nwmountaineer said:
I have a stock 78 FJ40 except for the V8 conversion. I want to put a body lift on so I can start making other changes. I was thinking about going with either a 3" or maybe 2 1/2" lift. What would be better in the overall scheme of things? Please help

"Other changes" such as suspension? I wouldn't go any higher than 3". I currently have a 2 3/4" body lift & LOVE it! Easier access around the top of the frame for welding or other fab work, such as link mounts or adding a new crossmember. You'll eventually need the extra space for suspension flex too.

Last edited:
i have a 2 in. body lift and like it, it added a little more air flow around my V-8 and more clearance for my 35's. you can get replacement blocks from www4wheelparts.com thats what i did, look in the body lift section for replacement blocks. they have them in 1 in. 2in. and 3in. hieghts and in different diametors. about $2.99 ea. i ordered 8 2in. large blocks and 4 2in. high small blocks for the rear. and while i was at it i did a new body mount kit too and just bought longer bolts locally. and for the front bib i used a piece of 2in. by 4in. sqaure steel tube, it only cost me about $30.00 or $40.00 for the body lift. i got the steel free from work, oh and you will need to extend your shifters and maybe heat and bend them a bit to clear things. GOOD LUCK!!!

and if you want pics just PM me with an e-mail address because i cant figure out how to resize a photo :doh:

I went to this link www4wheelparts.com but couldn't find a body lift for a fj40 at all does anyone know where the best place to pick up the lift blocks is
Thanks
Brandon

Man A Fre sell 1 and 2 inch lift kits. A bit $$

Nocents

here is a pic of my modified body lift . i got a 1 inch 4+Plus bodylift with my parts cruiser an added a 2x2 square .
IMG_0368 (Small).JPG

where can I buy the lift blocks????
cheap cheap cheap....hehe

anyone???

OK i found it for you! go to 4wheelparts and click on the lift kit section (blue box at top), then click on the (performance accessories) in the menu, then on the list on the left (blue section) about 2/3 down click on replacement blocks. just search the section it is there and they start at $1.99 each.

as poser would say DO A SEARCH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom