Anyone regret bedlining their floors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

phishtaco

Cincinnati
Threads
Just wondering if anyone bedlined their floors now wish they hadn't? I'm kinda on the fence but I will most likely b/c the floor need some paint to clean up the surface rust from the PO's floor mats.

Just waiting for it to warm up here, Planning on Grey Durabak, Saw a write up and it looked awesome.

I am planning on the grey duraback also, unless the avacado is a close match to Rustic Green.

Loved it, I would do it again, black Rhino.

On previous trucks the granules were dirt grabbers. At least Durabak lets you get the smooth for easier clean up.

I used a no name brand from an auto body shop and did it myself. I used gray to keep the sun from being all soaked up and making my feet sweat. I love it, except in one spot some gas got spilled, and it is peeling right up. Be sure to take the prep time necessary and you will love the results.

Had some of my car collector buddies talk me out of liner. If truck is a long time keeper, still think it is the way to go; but they all had the thoughts that it decreased the value should I decide to sell this truck and look for another. Just the comments I got and thought about----not opening a door for disagreement.

Arma coat. Key is prep it yourself; the shops will NOT do it right. Pulled the entire interior; prepped up the firewall and over the tub edges; masked it and plugged the holes with (BLUE 3M) masking tape plugs; trailered it to the shop. Very durable so far; I've even taken it on a dirt trail once. :D

the only regret I have is sandblasting the tub myself - that blows

I have grey Duraback and it isn't as thick or as tough as I would have liked, gonna have to order another gallon and redo some places and double up the floorboards and around my tub sill where i couldn't see enough difference in color between gray durabak and raw sandblasted metal to see i missed a few spots

I still think that bedlining is the absolute best thing you can do for the interior - who cares about the added weight compared to paint - the stuff is the only way to go

Linex'd the inside - looks awesome

................and the underside - it turned out great as well. I really like the linex. It cleans easy and looks good. Holds up well in the back of my pick up truck as well.

Last edited:
spray or roll it on?
I have this stuff I got from an auto paint store called hippo liner that I am hoping is as good as the rest.. thought about rolling it on, unless its not suggested..

Spray it.. use a Harbor Fr8ht undercoating gun..$5.99

here is the gray durabak...worked awsome $89 gallon , plenty for several thick coats

I wish I took more pics of my Herculiner install, but the sequence was as follows:

a. wire wheel any surface spots
b. apply rust nuterlizer where needed
c. apply coat of por-15
d. apply 3 coats of Herculiner

very pleased with results :D

manny
beforeBED.jpg
afterBED.jpg

Had the Line-X done. I love it. Low maintenance. Tough. And looks cool. Will not sell it ever so no regrets. Plus the tub was already pretty bad (dents, rust). Awesome product.

Went to the Linex shop today just tire kicken. $6/square foot. Seem reasonable for prep and paint. Tub is done, got a hard top and I want to do the interior of it with it too. Figure there can be more than 50 square feet inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom