FS NEW Tundra 16" steel rims GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FS NEW Tundra 16" steel rims GA $100 PRICE DROPPED

These are THE wheels to use for your disc brake conversion. 16 x 7. They are new takeoffs with ZERO miles. Dealer list on these wheels is over $100 each.
I would like to get $100 for 4 wheels with stems, no center caps.

Last edited:
These wheels plus 8 ply 235/85 - 16 MTRs is the same as 33 x 9.5 on 15s without the disc brake clearance issues. AND you can get decent mudders in this more common size for about half the cost of the BFGs.

Price Dropped To $100 For The Set Of 4

still available

if you want to send them to Costa Rica at your expense, I'll take 'em. :)
Seriously, would really love to have a set as I'm planning to do exactly what you said above 235/85r16 and those wheels look great.
Best of luck!

Wheels

Will these fit a FJ62? I'd like to run 33/10.5 and I like these wheels (plus the price is right)?
I want to do a rear disk brake conversion later and I take it that these would not have the caliper fit problems.

I can be reached at sahitchcock@comcast.net

I have these on my 80. Great deal for a second set.

Eric aren't you exceeding the rim width with 285's on 16 x 7's? I'd buy these in a heart beat if I could put 33's on them.

235/ 85 LT16's are typically 32 to 33" depending on brand and MTR vs ATR.

I am not willing to ship these to Costa Rica. Shipping is at buyer's cost; price listed is for local pick up.

sorry, I was responding more to Eric's comment. 33's for an 80 would be 295/75/16's which are a tad wide for 7" rims.

semlin said:
Eric aren't you exceeding the rim width with 285's on 16 x 7's? I'd buy these in a heart beat if I could put 33's on them.

I looked into it. Read numerous accounts of no problem. Many folks actually like the narrower rim when aired down. The rim width is only 1/2" narrower than "recommended" range for a 285 IIRC. When mounted on 7"s, the width from sidewall to sidewall is only something like 1/4" less than when mounted on 8". Bottom line, seems like it's just fine. Got some myself, and you know how much I analyze stuff... :D

What style lug nuts are used with thoose steel wheels? conical or the other type ( I forget the name ... same as the alloy wheels use)

e9999 said:
I looked into it. Read numerous accounts of no problem. Many folks actually like the narrower rim when aired down. The rim width is only 1/2" narrower than "recommended" range for a 285 IIRC. When mounted on 7"s, the width from sidewall to sidewall is only something like 1/4" less than when mounted on 8". Bottom line, seems like it's just fine. Got some myself, and you know how much I analyze stuff... :D

interesting and tempting, but I am thinking that I want get a set of at least 295s for the second set so I will pass. I had a tire dealer refuse to quote me a price for BFGs 285s for my truck because the stock alloy rims were too small. He gave me this lecture in front of several customers about 7" rims on tires that big and no warranty and sudden blow outs and he argued with me when I said they are 16 x8. It was fairly funny when his shop guy checked for him.

semlin said:
interesting and tempting, but I am thinking that I want get a set of at least 295s for the second set so I will pass. I had a tire dealer refuse to quote me a price for BFGs 285s for my truck because the stock alloy rims were too small. He gave me this lecture in front of several customers about 7" rims on tires that big and no warranty and sudden blow outs and he argued with me when I said they are 16 x8. It was fairly funny when his shop guy checked for him.

the 285s on 7" rims that I have now were sold as a set by Discount tires, with full hazard warranty and all, FWIW

Decided to keep these for myself after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom