Slee control arms and OME bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.actionjackson.com
Front control arms for castor and flex

Thinking of buying these chromoly front control arms from SleeOffroad.com.
http://sleeoffroad.com/products/suspension_pieces.htm#Front Control Arms

I'm just wonding if anyone is running slee front control arms plus the OME castor correction bushings? Specifically how close does the tie rod come to the slee control arms. What about those who have normal bushings with these arms...how close is your tie rod to the control arms?

Also has anyone ever broken one of these chromoly control arms?

Pics of them installed...anyone?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nevermind...

Tonight I spent like 45 minutes reading that huge thread about "Getting more front flex". Man you guys know how to bash :D

I have come to a conclusion I might as well make the front a 5 link and achieve both my castor correction problem and loosen up the flex in the front at the same time. Both of which I have been pondering about for a year now. I am not complaining about my front flex but I sure wish it was looser to match the rear. This is how much I have been able to get out of my stock linkage:

150_5066_320.jpg

150_5069_320.jpg

But a little more would be nice too :)

This is what I'm thinking about doing...any comments on this design?

5linkfront.jpg

I like the idea of having 4 arms holding that axle forward cause I come off some pretty nasty walls sometimes and the entire weight is on those front arms! I just don't want those lower arms to bend on me and still want plenty of room between the tire rod and the arm itself. As an 80 flexes you will see this distance between the tie rod and the arms fluxuate so I need enough for the amount of flex I want. Looks like this guy left abount 2.5" of clearnance here.

Looks like the upper front control arm is an adjustable one so that will correct my castor just fine. What kind of joints should I use for the upper arms at the axle?

Ahh and I was gonna answer your first question ;p

Actually I'm gonna go ahead and answer just in case anyone else cares. Yeah there is quite a bit of distance from the Slee arms and the tie rod. I think there would be no problem with the OME caster bushings and the Slee arms clearing the tie rod. I could still take pics of my ams if anyone cares or wants.

Shawn, you still are running stock front arms with OME bushings?

And Darwood, you mind giving me a measurement from your rear mount bolt to each of the front axle mount bolts while your under there taking a photo? Thanks.

Mike R

I'll try to get under there soon to get some pics and measurements.

Hello Action, I have 1.5 inches from my slee arms and the slee tie rod. I do not have the offset bushing from ARB in, jsut stock. Have fun with the 5 link. later robbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom