HELP! Electrical problem, 2000 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I never expected to have this type of problem with this vehicle but, here it is: On a recent trip, after stopping for lunch, the fan blower wouldn't work. I also noticed that the outside temp. digital read-out was off as well. I checked, and sure enough, found that the 20 amp AC fuse had blown. I changed it and everything was back. I figured (hoped!) that something must have gotten wet. Well, one week later it happened again :(. Now I'm worried. It has been fine since the second new fuse (5 days). Is it possible that this is just a fluke that it happened twice? Is it unusual that it happened at all in the first place? Anyone had similar problems??? Would very much appreciate any advice, info regarding this matter.

The only things in the circut of the 20 amp fuse are the magnetic cluch and the feed for the for the ac amplifiers ft / rear : the amplifiers ar low voltage draw so # 1 would be the compressor magnetic cluch drawing too many amps or
#2 an intermitent short in the red/ltblue wire.

I would not call it a fluke. Spikes in circuits happen for a reason so if the above post is correct (do not know because my wife has lost my V 1 of my FSM) then you need to check the fan clutch.

Fan Cluch ?????????? insnt that a silicone viscious coupler that drives the eng cooling fan ,,,
blower fan is on a different circut

Yes , my 98' 100 series with 42,348 miles has a broken outside temp gauge as well.Been like that since forever...Other than that just keyfob problems....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom