Any propane users? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking into running propane, was just looking for a little feedback?

I have been interested in converting to propane as well. Anyone running propane on a fj40.

Mace is.

looking ahead

With the supposed end of fossil fuels, and with the increased emission control laws, I just figured that getting in on this early would be cheaper. I want to be able to enjoy my truck for as long as possible with the least amount of red tape possible. I am mainly interested in cost, range, and effects on power.

Welcome.

Have you tried the search function?

Last edited:
I met a guy last week that is building a propane 40 I think his web site is classiccityoffroad.com

that refers to athens ga,,,the classic city

I am not affiliated with this company know nothing about it or the owner, other than I saw a sign, pulled in and he was working on his personal 40..... saying he was going propane and it was easy and cheap!!!

lpg, basically propane, in australia is a huge alternate fuel. better torque down low, slight loss of top end power, mine runs it, great on slopes as well. fill up points may be an issue for the US

Search

Why yes i did use the search feature. There was little feedback from those who have made the conversion, mostly it was the use of propane to pinpoint vacuum leaks. Thanks for your welcome....

skokem,

did you click on the link poser posted??? A lot more on there than just tracking down vacuum leaks. Search, read, think about question, search again read some more than ask question. Sorry your question is so broad hard to answer especially if someone is not running propane which I am not. Good Luck.
:cheers:

skokem said:
Why yes i did use the search feature. There was little feedback from those who have made the conversion, mostly it was the use of propane to pinpoint vacuum leaks. Thanks for your welcome....

"Thanks for your welcome.."

:rolleyes:

Here-

Went out and bumped the threads relative to your question...should all be close to the front page for you now....

Could not believe that there were so many....

Even easier...

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKIE SO THIS GUY WILL FIND IT RIGHT AT THE TOP!!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE FAQ!!!!

Thanks!

-Steve

don't want this to fall off the front page....might not be able to find the FAQ section....

don't want this to fall off the front page....might not be able to find the FAQ section....

Thanks guys

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. It is rare to deal with so many people that are not condescending to others when it comes to sharing their knowledge.

skokem said:
Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. It is rare to deal with so many people that are not condescending to others when it comes to sharing their knowledge.

Amazing what searching under ' propane power ' returns....

You are welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom