what lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 88 Fj60 and I'm wondering what lift kit I should get. I am thinking about a 3 inch OME or a 4 inch Man-A-Fre. I also am thinking of putting BFG 33 A/T on also. If anybody has any info on what they did and how it works let me know or what they think of this.

Dakkar. No question.

For suspension, I rthink most people would agree that OME is the gold standard. Dakkar springs are built by the same company to the same specs. Alcan is also used by a number of members who really like them.

I would note, however, that an "1988 FJ60' is probably an FJ62, as 1987 is the last year that Toyota imported the FJ60 to the US. Thereafter (from 1988 to 1990) the USA LC was the FJ62. I mention this because an FJ60, as imported to the USA, has the 2F engine, an H42 4 speed manual tranny and 3.73 diff gearing, while an FJ62 has the 3FE engine, an auto tranny and 4.10 gearing. This will make a significant difference when you think about going to 33" tires. The 4.10 gears will handle them better.

Mike S

Why not pinnacle? I got an option to get a set of 3" pinnacles in exchange for my stock springs so he can sprig-over. Is this a trick?

Chris

Sorry for the hijack

yeah prob. heard very bad things about those springs from many diff people.

If you were dirt poor would you still turn down a free set of lift springs and what kind of bad things can happen from springs?

Chris

Sorry again for the hijack

just talked to a guy last week that put a new set on and by the time he got mexico they were hitting off of his frame. Ige also had horrible time with them as well....the dude that went to mexico with a new set said they were just to long and did not fit the 60. he had to get longer shackles while he was down there just so the spring would not hit.

His have longer shackles so I think that'll be alright... they look fine on his rig as far a legnth currently. I'll check it out before I commit to anything. Thanks for the advice on this... now read my other post and fix my stalling 60! haha

Chris
Again sorry for the hijack...

TheGr8Doughboy said:
Why not pinnacle? I got an option to get a set of 3" pinnacles in exchange for my stock springs so he can sprig-over. Is this a trick?

Chris

Sorry for the hijack
my pinnacles aren't strong enough for the weight of the 60 and do not rebound...so whichever way i turn, the vehicle stays leaning that way. jto has sent two replacement springs and they do the same thing. they admitted they were having a problem. they still refuse to make this right. my wagon is downright scary to drive the body roll is so bad because of the weak springs and in less than one year's time, it's sagged to barely over stock 23 year old spring height.

Thanks I thought his on longer looked lifted. I'm going to pass on teh springs and hold out for spring over.

chris

TheGr8Doughboy said:
If you were dirt poor would you still turn down a free set of lift springs and what kind of bad things can happen from springs?

Chris

Sorry again for the hijack

I am dirt poor, and can't afford a lift, and I wouldn't take the springs based on what people are saying about them. More trouble then they are worth, by far, even free. I would put some longer shackles on and take it to a shop to get re-arched and/or put an add-a-leaf in. That is going to be my el-cheapo lift since I can't afford Dakar yet (trying to start a business, you know us self-employed are always broke at the beginning). And then I will add 33 x 9.5 or 10.5 to get the diff a bit higher. I would do that light years before I resorted to the pinnacles.

Steve-O said:
Do you still have the pinnacle's on your rig?
only for one more month...as soon my tax $ comes in, i'll call alcan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom