fj40 stock wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
question for all you 40 guys, what is the difference and any pics to show them, b/t the stock fourty wheels and stock sixty/ sixty two wheels. thanks Ben

Stock gray FJ40/55 wheels through around 1980 are 15x5.5". Stock FJ60/62 and late FJ40 are 15x6". Late 40 and 60/62 wheels are identical except the 40 wheels were white instead of chrome. Same backspacing on all.

Wheels on early 40's with drum brakes were riveted together (instead of welded) and will not work on disk brake Cruisers.

Stock disc brake 40 rim without hubcap, in stock grey. :beer:

JasonH said:
Wheels on early 40's with drum brakes were riveted together (instead of welded) and will not work on disk brake Cruisers.

i've heard they will, you just need wheel spacers.

these are the wagons from a late 40. on a 77
stockwheel.JPG

i have a chrome set off a late 60 as well.
but it's the steelies off a 75/40 i'm looking forward to.

Last edited:
I've got a white set on my '78 right now that look identical to the ones in your picture but w/o the clips. I want a set of the grey that will fit my 78 so I cn go retro with the hubcaps and all. :)

Those are sweet looking.

I wonder about doing the same clean stock look with 2" BS on a 10" wide wheel and maybe some beadlocks...

If the wheels do not have clips can you still put hub caps on them? Or did all stock wheels have clips?

not all the stock caps had the clips.

fj60 and fj62 wheels are allmost the same, but they are not, they are slighly different..........but you would have to look darn close to notice.

fj60 chrome wheels were and option on 81+ fj40.

hub caps wheels, came in at least 2 shades(dark and lighter) of gray as well as white(76+ fj55 only I think)

all disc brake painted wheels(both hub cap and white spoke) are date stamped. Drum b rake wheels might be as well. Disc brake welded wheels started in late 74 I think.......before disc brakes were offered.

new hub caps wheels can be had from the dealer, about $70 each but come in black only

Landpimp said:
Disc brake welded wheels started in late 74 I think.......before disc brakes were offered.

if that's true, that would be SWEET :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom