Jeep seat in Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just saw a thread on Pirate today about using a Geo Tracker rear seat, looks like it is a little wider than the Jeep seats, fits just right in between the fenders.

I think that a Jeep seat is between 33 and 34" - fender to fender on a 40 is ~ 41" - comes down to whichever you find first i think.

thanks, now i just got to find one with brackets that is close in color to my interior, lol

Hi I have a PRP (Performance Racing Product I assume) Bench seat in mine, It fits real nice made for 5pt. harness if needed, Only cost about $300.00, They have many colors to choose from.
Sorry about the pic, Its kinda dark in the garage.

Last edited:
Vitesse_6 said:
Hi I have a PRP (Performance Racing Product I assume) Bench seat in mine, It fits real nice made for 5pt. harness if needed, Only cost about $300.00, They have many colors to choose from.

wow, that's nice. Could you get a car seat in there fine?

I'm rebuilding a Suzuki Samurai rear seat right now to mount in my 40.

It's fold and tumble too. There are two types of Sammi seats one has a taller back and thicker padding. I got that one. I also picked up the seat belt setup for it (lap only) for car seats. I'll uset to top strap of the LATCH system to really hold them secure. Should work out pretty well. And I keep most of my rear space with the fold and tumble design.

Jody.

Outback - what year Sammi? My Saab seat needs to go, it's just too big to fold up like I wanted it to.

Vitesse_6 said:

http://www.racing-seats.com/suspension-seats.html

I've sat in one of their bench seats.

I liked it. I don't know that I want to spend $300+ though.

Yeah, i dont really feel like spending that much money on a rear seat that I'm rarely going to use, thats why I was thinking of going to one of the local jeep shops and just picking up an old seat with brackets and stuff.

rear seats

Check out junkyards for the Dodge Raider or the Mitsubishi Montero. $50 or less from any yard around here and it folds and tumbles. The Sammi seats were all gone when I got there and it turned out to be a blessing. I like the way the Raider seat I found folds forward for gear if the kids aren't coming with me.

My TJ fold-n-tumble works great with 2 car seats. Now I need to figure a way to mount 3 car seats. May have to convert front to a bench :mad:

How wide is a Cruiser from the top outside of the wheel well to the other?

I want to get as large of a rear bench in there as possible just so that when the 3rd rugrat shows up I can get the whole family in there?

I figure they dont need any leg room considering their feet dont even go past the end of the seat.

I have seen rear Jeep seats on ebay for under 100.00 dollars. Not sure if they include the brackets. Many colors.

rear seat pics

I have a Steel Horse fold and tumble that fits with plenty of room. It's mounted so my high-lift jack fits behind it, has lots of leg room and still leaves some room between the rear doors and seat to stuff towels, wetsuits, etc. It has a quick release for easy removal (there are large brackets- 3" tall still attatched to the floor) and folds out of the way for a LITTLE more room.
rearseat1.jpg
rearseat2.jpg

usmcruiser said:
How wide is a Cruiser from the top outside of the wheel well to the other?

I want to get as large of a rear bench in there as possible just so that when the 3rd rugrat shows up I can get the whole family in there?

I figure they dont need any leg room considering their feet dont even go past the end of the seat.

Nick.
You might want to get the long jump seats from an earlier 40, But my bro, put in a bench seat from a truck, He was able to fit 3 car seats, It was a bit tall, Figure 4-6 inches above the wheel well's.
Good luck

I don't believe it matters what year you get. Just be sure it's the one with the taller back and thicker padding. There are two different ones.

I got lucky that a local 4x4 shop specializes in the Sammi. They had several to choose from.

Jody.

I used a Samuri seat in my previous 40 and I paid about $25 for it. It came with brackets built on the front of the seat. The latch in the back just required a square type u-bolt to make a latch. Made a great seat!

Jeff
CottonLand Cruisers
78 FJ40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom