Durabak worked awsome (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sprayed my 76 tub with Durabak .. I like the stuff
I used a $5.99 Habor freight Shutz gun at 50 PSI.......worked awsome. I was worried about overspray so I did it on the front lawn ( redneck style)
Durabak had very little overspray for me. I could have done it in my garage with very little overspray.
I'd do it again.
Durabak $89
Gun $5.99
Gatorade bottle for material...$.00 ( gun did not come with canister)

Attention whore=priceless

Dang, how did you get such great results from that ghetto-fab setup?!

j/k! Looks awesome

Red Neck style to the core! I love the Gatoraide bottle effect. So went right over many of the bolts? And over the gas pedal! Good luck with the DuraBAK. looks sweet.

please tell me how it holds up to your traffic and how much dirt it holds. i dont want my sky blue floor to look like midnight blue after i get in with muddy boots!

Velocity2 said:
please tell me how it holds up to your traffic and how much dirt it holds. i dont want my sky blue floor to look like midnight blue after i get in with muddy boots!

Sad thing is...it holds dirt like a motherfslakjd;fler. Anytime I go out in the mud or get it dirty, I've got to pressure wash it down, then take a brush to the area's still holding dirt.

Takes maybe 15 to 20 minutes longer to clean than a regular paint job.

Other than that, no complaints.

TJDIV is correct; it holds dirt like nothing I have ever seen. I clean mine with soap and water then apply a coat of Armor All tire cleaner to the whole vehicle. Really brings back the shine and helps the next time I need to clean it.

Clean it??? Thats the best part of driving a duara-bak crusier. You don't have to clean it. Just hose it down.

O by the way. Great job. Thats the same color I used 4 years ago, and I live on a farm so I'm always geting mud/s*** on it. Still looks good though. :)

Thanks..

that tranny hump ain't ever gonna come off....

I taped the gas pedal off... I am not that redneck

I am thinking of going over it with a quart of smooth .. it does look like it might hodl dirt pretty good.

I notice it got "courser" after it dried and not quite as smooth looking..hmmm what to do?

bennett

Bennett said:
Thanks..

I am thinking of going over it with a quart of smooth .. it does look like it might hodl dirt pretty good.

I notice it got "courser" after it dried and not quite as smooth looking..hmmm what to do?

bennett

You can try to go over it with a quart of smooth. That or clear. I thought about the whole coarse-ness thing and decided to thin it a bunch more and do 3 coats. The inside I did regular and it's a little rougher than the exterior, which I thinned more. I also shot the exterior with a higher PSI than the interior, to spread the grit a little thinner. It actually worked.

I think you're gonna love the stuff personally. I'm real glad I did mine. The armor all / tire shine thing makes the s*** BLING....pretty funny...

hmmm there are so many options to do my floor in. i want it to look stock but make it easy to clean.......the durabak looks great and rhinoliner you can color-match but i dont really know. i wonder if i can get some sort of Uber tough epoxy paint that matches real close. oh well i will just talk to a body man when he does my whole cruiser over in the sky blue.i know what ya'all think guys but this one is going to be my garage beauty. the next 40 i am going to get is gonna be my off-roading rig. not rough though by any means :cool:

Velocity2 said:
hmmm there are so many options to do my floor in. i want it to look stock but make it easy to clean.......the durabak looks great and rhinoliner you can color-match but i dont really know. i wonder if i can get some sort of Uber tough epoxy paint that matches real close. oh well i will just talk to a body man when he does my whole cruiser over in the sky blue.i know what ya'all think guys but this one is going to be my garage beauty. the next 40 i am going to get is gonna be my off-roading rig. not rough though by any means :cool:

since you are only going to the mall.. do this...

Thanks..

bennett
Looking back on this, Herc was a really bad idea! Don't do it! (Use Raptor Liner)

Be careful grinding around it. The grinding dust will get in their and rust. Cant get the rust stains off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom