Installed Costom EFS fuel injection, WOW it is the smack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sledge916

Media Partner
Threads
Website
www.adventuredriven.com
Hello All,

Just thought I would give a report, I installed this system in my 77 fj40, In a weekend.

http://www.customefis.com/

His name is John Wilson, It is a 4.3 throtlle body system with a HEI Ignition Distributor, computer controlled, external fuel pump,all I can say is holy moly batman, it works awsome!!!!!!!!!!

I am on my 2nd chip to tune to my specks, he provides Exallent support and is always ready to help me work things out, he even burned in the chip a electric PTO feature for me, all I did is put that wire on a switch and walaaa, 1100 rpm's just so happens to be peak output on my GM alt. 96 amps. So I can run the winch now with full power.

His kit does not come with every little thing, had to get my own throttle cable, cable mount, and a couple of nick nacks, my install was a bit more complex probly due to switching valve, duel tanks you know, I used MAN-A-Free adapter so I am useing my stock air cleaner with snorckel, but the wire harness is fully labeled and the right size, wire loomed ect, real nice craftsmanship.

Runs on O2 and map sensor, thats it!

He even has a program you can download for free, install program on to lap top, then plug it into my fj, then go on test drive, save data, then e-mail it to him, he reviews it then make nessasary changes to the chip as needed, and he can help trouble shoot drivability problems, now aint that the shiz nit!!!!!!!!!

If you are sick of carbs like I was, I am at 7600 feet elavation, this is the way to go. Off road performannce is awsome too.

When I get some time I will snap some photos of the install, real busy now, have to leed the Az. Land cruiser ass. trip this weekend. http://www.azlca.net/default.htm

No I am not conected to this guy, and yes I spell like crap,hey just had to write this for John, he has bent over backwords to help and I am a very happy costmer.

kit cost $1350.00, and he did not charge me for the chips he has sent, and he is redesigning his tb adapter with releif cut fir the bolt in the intake too, he has his own mill, Iwill get pics soon

Seth

and if you care a driveway shot, and yes, I think I have all the bugs worked out, will know more this weekend on the run we are doing here in Cinders.

Seth

oh, and starts flawless,now that I have that bug fixed, runs way better,seems to have more midrange tourqe, and is better on gas, can go to town with out burning 1/2 tank outch!

sledge916 said:
kit cost $1350.00, and he did not charge me for the chips he has sent, and he is redesigning his tb adapter with releif cut fir the bolt in the intake too, he has his own mill, Iwill get pics soon

Seth

The $1350 included the HEI? I'll have to find outr if my HEI will work with his setup.

yes it did, these componets are all used, wearable items been changed out, he actually used a v-8 HEI milled down, that way it is the correct lenghth with out mods, I just droped it in, put some miles on it and pulled it to check wear pattern, looks great.

Did he swap the gears in the HEI out so they were Toyota metric? Otherwise, what do you do about the wear issue between metric and SAE.

ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom