Real Time Help: SBC Serpentine instructions suck a$$!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DomSmith

SILVER Star
Threads
Trying to install the front serpentine kit on the front of a 350 and the GM instructions were written by a hillbilly drunk on moonshine! (Not that there's anything wrong with that... just don't count on them writing good instructions!!) :doh:

All the "STUD" part #'s don't match and without any pictures to help it is less than easy. I'm trying to attach the idler pulley and have the bottom bolt installed but the stud and other bolt are what's in question...

:mad:

This kit?

P1010001-3.jpg

64-

That's the one except no AC for me...

The issue in question is the 3 bolts into the bracket on the back side of the pulley (Compressor in your case) as indicated by the arrows. Do you have a shot of the back with the brace in place?

Thanks...
P1010001-3.jpg

I got a couple more pics, hopefully they will help. I croped one so you could see the mount better.

My A/C compressor is mounted using one bolt, and one stud. As you can see in the pic from the rear of the engine, I got one bolt that threads in, seen in the upper left hand corner, and one stud, seen in the lower right hand corner. And I know what you're talking with those instructions. :censor:

P1010004-3-2.jpg

P1010004-3-1.jpg

P1010003-MUD.jpg

Last edited:
now how come you guys never post good pics like that when I need help ?

64-

Thanks for posting up. That's exactly what I needed to see. The longest stud now makes sense now that I see a bunch of threads out the back. I appreciate your time.

Thanks Sean for the offer, I've got one. It will be soon replaced by my York setup once the bracket arrives...

Quick question...does the serpentine kit put the accessories further out front than the stock V-belt set up? Who makes the kit? Do they make one for a Sanden Compressor? Or York?

Thanks, and Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom