Electric fuel pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is a good electric fuel pump to use on the 2F. I have one now that is not pushing the fuel as it should and looking to replace w/ another, Just wanna know what you guys have, whats best. Pusher/puller etc.
thanks

no real good reason except it has always had it since I bought it. I 'm the second owner and have had it for several years and was just going to replace it since the other is a little sluggish. It's not my DD so not sure what the best way to go with it is.

Bring it back to stock. A fuel pump ain't that hard to pick up and works IMO beautifully with no worry about wiring and shutoff. I think even $OR sells them used for $20.

I heard that there are 2 types mechanical pumps that go on the 40 and if you mix them up you can screw up the cam. that mentioned, If I was to go back to manual, which NAPA model number would I get?

I've always employed a used 2F mechanical pump. I've only had one ever need to be replaced. That was years ago, but I got it back then from $OR, thus my earlier mention. I bet a number of people have them for sale on IH8MUD here :) Or any number of the LC shops out on the net. A Napa or CarQuest would probably get a factory part. I'm not sure of the numbers.

The mechanical fuel pump as you know on the 2F is `pumped' from a cam lobe, and the thrust may have been different through the years and had according changes in the fuel pump, just get whichever pump is for your 2F model year (1975?)

thanks for the info. not sure which way I'll go yet.

If you go electric, just make sure it's the kind that "sucks" fuel, not "pushes." If you get the latter type, the fuel has to get to the pump by way of gravity. I tried to go that route and with the dual tank hose path, the electric failed miserably (NAPA). I went back to mechanical and have no complaints now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom