Thoughts on this truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BEB's need to be done.. no brainer NEED TO BE DONE.. anything over 100K..

You do not want any part of a 1HDT that has not had the BEB's done. The Aussies have proven this over and over. Other than that, it APPEARS to be a pretty nice truck, but in order to REALLY find out, you'd need to have it inspected by someone who really knows JDM's, for example, ATEB, and see what they say. There could be thou$and$ in repairs hiding you don't know about. For instance, the a/c system can be very expensive. Same with suspension issues and myriad other complex systems.

We have customers driving HDJs sourced from SilverPeakTrading.com and they are flawless. Seems all the goofing around and mud slinging comes from guys that have never bought anything from them.

In addition, the aussie oil standards are much lower than Japan and Canada this is well known in Aussie. That's why it's become a rage to import Japanese oils.

While you are replacing parts that always have normal wear, go ahead and buy a brand new Gas Land cruiser out of the states.

We have customers driving HDJs sourced from SilverPeakTrading.com and they are flawless. Seems all the goofing around and mud slinging comes from guys that have never bought anything from them.

In addition, the aussie oil standards are much lower than Japan and Canada this is well known in Aussie. That's why it's become a rage to import Japanese oils.

While you are replacing parts that always have normal wear, go ahead and buy a brand new Gas Land cruiser out of the states.

Am I the only one who smells something funny about a new poster who has two posts both defending Silver Peak and who digs up a two week old thread to post in it? :rolleyes:

Sorry to contradict you again but that is just plain BS. If you knew anything about oil for Japanese diesels you would know that they are suppose to run a JASO HD-1 rated oil. There is only one oil in Canada which meets this rating which I have found to meet this standard and it is Delo 400. It has the minimum of 3,000 PPM of calcium. This standard is found throughout Australia through numerous suppliers there. Next time do your research. The BEB is an issue, so if you don't want to change it on the trucks you sell why don't you be up front and tells us the name of your dealership?

Am I the only one who smells something funny about a new poster who has two posts both defending Silver Peak and who digs up a two week old thread to post in it? :rolleyes:

LOL!!
well, i can not say that S.P.T. is good or bad but refusing to change out a known issue and making light of a potenial $6000 repair bill speaks volumns...

so Bubba, you got a real name?

1HDT BEB's

As far as I ubderstood the situation on the BEB's in the 1HDT motor the problem only occured in a selection of vehicles with a specific bearing shell fitted. If the vehicle got past 100 - 125k without symptoms of the problem then it was probably not one of the vehicles affected with the problem.
There is a huge amount of info on this topic on the www.

Also if the vehicle does develope the problem and remedial measures are taken immediately (which does not include driving any further) then in most cases only new bearing shells will be required as the damage is confined to the shells.

IF the vehicle is driven after symptoms are noticed then the bill will increase rapidly as the crank will require the BEB Journals grinding.

Hmmm, how interesting it is that this new conversation started the same day the price on the truck I'm looking at fell to an all time low!

Is it some sign?.... because now the price is within my upper reach, which is ovbiously good, but then I come accross these new posts...which make me worry about who I might buy from

I wonder how a newbie would know when the price is right and when it outweighs the unknown.

I mean it looks like a nice truck, and if everything is legit it could be a good deal for me, but at the same time, if it needs work once it gets here, it'll be sitting in my driveway for some time....a very big risk as it would have to be my DD for the next few months

Have it inspected by an INDEPENDENT shop that knows their stuff. Eg Ateb or Ciaran. If they won't let you do that then there may be something hiding. $$$$ potential. If you only knew.....

As far as I ubderstood the situation on the BEB's in the 1HDT motor the problem only occured in a selection of vehicles with a specific bearing shell fitted. If the vehicle got past 100 - 125k without symptoms of the problem then it was probably not one of the vehicles affected with the problem.
There is a huge amount of info on this topic on the www.

Also if the vehicle does develope the problem and remedial measures are taken immediately (which does not include driving any further) then in most cases only new bearing shells will be required as the damage is confined to the shells.

IF the vehicle is driven after symptoms are noticed then the bill will increase rapidly as the crank will require the BEB Journals grinding.

actually, the way i look at it as both an importer and an owner, the preventitive proceedure is $750 and the result of a spun bearing is $6000 in Canada. a GOOD importer would recommend getting the bearing changed, not "talk down" the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom