MT tube fenders w/ OE inners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
MetalTech tube fenders w/ OE inners

Someone asked about this a while back, so I thought I would share my project. Here are a few pictures. I have to trim the downtubes to length, and paint/undercoat still, but other than that, the d.s. is done.
PICT0001.JPG
PICT0002.JPG
PICT0004.JPG

Last edited:
This weedend's progress. I didn't like the bracket b/w the bezel and the apron, so I did away with that. I cut the inners off of my OE fender and made it work.
PICT0001.JPG
PICT0002.JPG

Couple more....
PICT0005.JPG

Thanks man. It's a lot of work. I am happy with it so far! It'll look a lot better once its painted for sure.

IMO it doesn't need paint, i like the contrast.

IMO it doesn't need paint, i like the contrast.

x2! I"ve been thinking that if peesalot ever finishes my MetalTech fenders, I'm gonna paint em black too. My 40 is also dune beige.

Nice job.;)

Thanks guys. I am going to paint them. Right now, they are just in a dark primer and I haven't finish sanded them. I am going to paint them and the inners will be treated with 3M Schutz undercoating, so they will be black underneath.

Just started the p.s. last night and hope to get it tacked up this week, maybe skinned. After that, I should be on schedule to spray next weekend. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

This is a 2-man job being done by one 1/2-compentant man.

Excellent job on the fenders :)

I also vote for the black fenders... mainly because my cruiser has a green body with black tube fenders :grinpimp:

Mark, yours and mine are still sittin where they sit.
I may get lucky and thro some tube on the truck by Rubithon but it aint lookin good. Just do not have time to tinker.

Mark, yours and mine are still sittin where they sit.
I may get lucky and thro some tube on the truck by Rubithon but it aint lookin good. Just do not have time to tinker.

No worries John. I was just wondering if you were taking notes. This looks a LOT like what we were discussing: stock height, full aprons, full inner skins. Now we know it's doable...and I've got a standard to hold you to!;p

Best

Mark A.

Very nice! How did you modify the tube frame in order to not cut the apron and mess up the hood latch?

Are you going to keep the oem running boards?

redrock, those are Metal Tech's "OE" Fender Kit. They are designed to be run w/ the stock aprons (without cutting). Obviously you won't get the sick clearances, but will maintain a more stock look.

Thanks guys.

MT, I love those fenders! How hard was it to fit the inners to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom