FS: 1974 Fj40 - 130k miles - MD/VA/DC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Sale: 1974 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40 – two owner Colorado original, light blue with 130 K miles. Hardtop and doors, Ramsey winch, am radio, selling only because our ’76 fj40 “came in” and we cant keep both!.

Background: I purchased the truck in Colorado about a year and a half ago from an individual who had acquired it from an estate sale. He owned it for less than a month when I purchased it so essentially I am the second owner. The car was located in Colorado for all of its life before I had it shipped to MD. This is a great example of a stock FJ-40. Everything is near original and there have been no modifications aside from a different bumper and winch.

Originally Horizon Blue (light blue) – Previous owner painted the car a more turquoise blue awhile ago (see pictures)

Original 1F engine was rebuilt 20k miles ago. The engine runs well and starts readily.

I believe that it is a factory soft-top though I bought it with the hard top (see pictures). All the glass is in good shape with a new windshield about a year ago.

Older Ramsey 9000lb winch – works great!

Original am radio.

Tires are 31” BFG All Terrain T/A’s mounted on white wagon wheels.

The front and rear jump seats could be recovered but are functional. Spector off-road covers are on the front seats. (Some of the pics have different seats in the truck) Look at the first pic for the current/original seats.

The window seals and glass tracks as well as the door seals replaced recently.

New battery

There is modest rust on the body in the typical areas and the frame is in excellent condition.

1. Front right fender has a rust bubble.

2. Rear wheel wells have isolated rust areas on each side.

3. Rear sill has a little rust on the edges.

This is NOT by any means a rust bucket.

The truck starts and runs like a champ. I have had no mechanical issues with it during the last two years. The transmission shifts smoothly and 4 wheel hi/lo works great!

The only reason I’m selling this awesome FJ40 is my Dad and I found a ’76 Arizona FJ that we could not resist and so this one must find a new home.

Located in Rockville MD (20854)

I can be best reached at joemckenney@gmail.com

ASKING $6500 OBO

63416589wm3.jpg

flowerdognd2.jpg

winchfrontou8.jpg

flowerdogrearlg7.jpg

img4867ri9.jpg

Everything work properly? Like the heater, lights, battery stays charged, any leaks, brakes stop well, emergency brake works? Does it come with all the tops in the pictures? Nice looking cruiser. How about some up close shots of the rust areas and the frame?

Jeremy

Everything work properly? Like the heater, lights, battery stays charged, any leaks, brakes stop well, emergency brake works? Does it come with all the tops in the pictures? Nice looking cruiser. How about some up close shots of the rust areas and the frame?

Jeremy

I have not noticed any leaks. The brakes stop well, battery stays charged, emergency brake works. It DOES come with a bikini and the hard top setup.

Every once and a while the starter does not kick over immidiatley and you have to return the key to off and then try again. It has been like this for a year with no issues starting. Again it is not everytime.

Other than than....everything works GREAT!

Shoot me your email and I can send you some detailed pics of the rust areas and frame tongiht.

Thanks,

Joe

Did you purchase this from 'mud member "Razor"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom