wiring up off road lights on rack. NO DRILLING! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys!

here are the pics! i used 3/8in loom to cover the wires from the rack to the gutter. it fits snug in the gutter on the top. it wouldnt fit in the gutter on the a pillar. so i ran just the wires through that part of the gutter. i peeled back the plastic trim to get the wires in. the wires then run into the fender into the eng compartment.i used a hanger to get the wires pulled through.so there it is! no drilling! and it looks pretty clean. i did the same on the other side with the cb antenna wire that i mounted on the rack. hope this helps!

View attachment 131181

View attachment 131182

View attachment 131183

Last edited:
Great Idea for routing the wires, I like that instead of drilling holes through the roof or routing through the door where it could be pinched.
Can you show some pics of your CB coax wire? I'm just curious how it looked what kind of antenna are you using for your set up?

....and my .02 cents on the connections (quick disconnects) I'm assuming your not done with it yet did you wrap it with electrical tape to seal from the elements? if not a small amount of dielectric grease like what you would use on your spark plug boot might slow if not prevent corrosion on those quick disconnects.

Thanks for sharing your idea and pics of course. :)

Glad it worked for you! :)

That's exactly what I was describing in the other thread, but never got around to taking pics.

Ary

Ary it sure is. i wanted to share the wiring with everybody! it was such a good idea! i must not take credit for that. it was your idea. thanks for the idea. it saved my roof!!!!!

Great Idea for routing the wires, I like that instead of drilling holes through the roof or routing through the door where it could be pinched.
Can you show some pics of your CB coax wire? I'm just curious how it looked what kind of antenna are you using for your set up?

....and my .02 cents on the connections (quick disconnects) I'm assuming your not done with it yet did you wrap it with electrical tape to seal from the elements? if not a small amount of dielectric grease like what you would use on your spark plug boot might slow if not prevent corrosion on those quick disconnects.

Thanks for sharing your idea and pics of course. :)

the quick disconnects are temporary. your assumtion is correct. i plan to sodder the wires soon. the antenna is 3' tall. the make im not sure. i went to a truck stop to buy it. its a copper antenna. and ill post some pics of that tomorrow.

This should be in FAQ under cheap mods or something. Very usefull - I did the same thing to my rig this weekend. Only tough one was the CB cable. I took this first picture planning to show off how great it was to use my little grabber tool. It did work great in the end, but I had to grab the cable instead of the end, as the grabber plus the cable was apparently enough to keep it from passing through. Second photo you can see where I went in with grabber, and eventually out with the cable.
Wiring 1.jpg
Wiring 2.jpg

Hmmm, attachement links in Cruiser80's posts aren't working for me.

Eagle - that's some major mud you've got going on there! Makes my winter grundge truck look positively clean by comparison.

DougM

Eagle - that's some major mud you've got going on there! Makes my winter grundge truck look positively clean by comparison.

DougM

well, I drove the other Engineers in our group to lunch the other day, and had to stop and play on the way back to work. It rained the following day, now I have 1" of mud on my driveway!!

pics don't work?

just look at the top every body!

thanks for fixing! I'll probably do either that or run it up behind the snorkel and into the gutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom