Builds Oz FJ40 Buildup / Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All!

Been reading this board for a while now, thought it was time to introduce myself and my FJ40 project.

My name's John and I have a 1984 FJ40 that I'm restoring / building up. I'm told it's the last year they made them for over here (Western Australia) so it has power steering and air conditioning. That said, the carby needs a bit of work, and there's a few wiring problems to sort out.

The body is in pretty good condition, only a few minor spots of rust. The top has been removed by the previous owner, as have the doors so there's a few bits and pieces missing. I was going to replace it with a soft top and half doors, and respray it, but after reading people's build-up threads here I'm tempted to take it back to the frame and rebuild it from scratch. Might be a pipe dream though!

I haven't really done anything like this before, so I expect I'll make a bunch of mistakes. I'll post some pictures and hopefully someone will stop me if I go too far down the wrong track!

No real timeframe for finishing this one, but it should be a lot of fun.

Cheers,
John
FJ40-side-front.jpg
FJ40-passenger-side.jpg
FJ40-engine-bay.jpg

Nice FJ. I am partial to the white ones...Welcome to the site and good luck on your project.

I was about to ask about the power steering, but then realized it was right hand drive. I didn't see a center arm on the regular side. Looks like it's really solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom