Builds No longer a rookie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok after lurking in the back ground I decided to I pay my 20 bucks and am no longer a rookie;)

Take a look at the 40 I restored in me landlords driveway...She must have hated my guts!!!!!:doh: :doh:
fj40000gg.JPG
fj40 (2).jpg
w.JPG

more

one more pic
fj40pp.JPG

Not too bad for a rookie!!!

I likey!!!! and I bet the landlord is happier seeing that, than a pile of stuff in the drive huh?

Is that a 78? Paki top?

Its a paki top that I had powder coated black.

I rebuilt this rig two years ago and like most am not finished.. I rebuilt my baby on a gravel driveway. I bet the my old land lord is still tripping over 8,9 and 10mm bolts:mad:

The factory top has rear barn doors. Not sure if what year. My rig is a 76. I think the tub is a 75. I drove 1000miles to pick it up in florida.

Though it is pretty much stock...I can't say it is orginal. When I picked her up out of long Island the frame was rotted and the tub was half rotted steel and fiber glass. Of course I got ripped off and paid 80 times what it was worth. Then I got laid off just after 9/11 and decided to rebuild her. I Found a new donor frame in syrcuse NY. Then found a good used tub in florida. When I picked up the 40 the previous owner had a piece of cardboard infront of the radiator. The PO couldn't figure out why he could not get it to warm up properly. Of course niether did I until after I overheated the engine driving through Hells kitchen. Damn PO's ....Duh you need two gaskets for the thermostat. Man my wife was pissed when I broke down. This lead to bad blow by and eventually a used 2f engine I found in eastern Pa. several thousand wasted dollars later what you see is what you get

Last edited:
I don't have any other drive train picks has a shackle reversal. I also put a saginaw power steering conversion in last summer.

yes I picked them up from man-a-free. I will take it off road but it sure does make me nervous. I plan on taking it to Raush creek this summer.

looks like a tilt wheel too. Pintle hooks are the only way to tow anything that's going to 4-wheel

that thing is incredible....very nice rig....

yeah and I'm jealous :flipoff2:

Hey Rookie,
You talk of Roush Creek this summer, are you in the North East? They appearently shut down Paragon. Gotta tell you again, sweet ride. I finally drove mine yesterday for the first time other than around the block. I enjoyed it.

I live in wilmington delaware, I plan on attending the GCLC ride at raushe. I feel robbed, I never got a chance to wheel at Paragon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom