2H engine paint color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HJ47th,
try Sam and the girls at at superior engines, just past lifetimer boats. Just tell them I recommended you contact them. Sam pr the girls would definitely know the color or shoot you in the right direction. Also tell them I say hi.
Bob C

My 81 2H is SkyBlue, my 86 12H-T is skyBlue. I know there is a year date that the color went from SkyBlue to Orange. Orange being the newer model years. I don't know the year/date though.

I would say with 90% confidence that your 2H should have a SkyBlue block.

HTHs,

Randy

My 81 2H is SkyBlue, my 86 12H-T is skyBlue. I know there is a year date that the color went from SkyBlue to Orange. Orange being the newer model years. I don't know the year/date though.

I would say with 90% confidence that your 2H should have a SkyBlue block.

HTHs,

Randy
That looks about right - checking the CCOT section on paint codes, the code 854 Skyblue appears to match pretty well.

Thanks!

Hi

Im reviving this because I'm rebuilding a 12H-t.

I have searched here, and the web in general, but have been unable to find a source, color code or a recommendation.

I know it might be a bit pedantic, but I want this to look as factory as possible...

I'm looking at the different VHT colors: http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/engineenamel/

But they have no reference to the Skyblue mentioned...
I'm leaning towards the SP755 competition Ford Blue.

But since I have to order over the internet, it's hard to see if the match.
Someone must have been through this before?

Please help!

Maybe VHT SP135 GM Blue is a better match?

Looks like it, damn it, what did you end up doing?

Thanks Henry.

Well I'm beginning to like original, or what could have been original.
I have another, in fact two, 12HT's, one is destinned for the HJ45, making it a HJ48...

If I get no answer to which color is closest, Ford or GM, I'll buy both and test.

Hey! Is there really nobody that know if Ford or GM blue is closest to Toyota

Not the same guy but I just finished a 2H rebuild and got a couple cans of Duplicolor Chrysler Blue and it turned out alright
AG4BnUsOCVKNMcYXT3MrY5vjkTZI-BvP4rYVveicZBiK0jk9VDkUSjRrAT3XhRDGpibwFCA4PsfMCdfcJH6c9W9DGATjW8OUhpD5iqCt-8oKzdSU_20moU4vUCPi6ZJb5s87mRXma1-5ZY0s4-mraTzJnsZVleqvEumn2Nws_UBkZW2nynC0BJSuH8p4BwHej5M0vjgL_1wgXiso82w386TS1rMO_8UbszarPLHIc_-aRhzkg7xjf9KyWUugjvQO-qOOusLjtS4V-ccaisoXVOq-T04qh94MWV_IQ7GuJ--kfZfbSpcNdusIQoColyMvkeERZTuxMGeDZ37df5SLwJ_Z0qVuxYO_gRREvlnVx4edWN36ObDuwy2TQ_JPiki-LRfPyZmXVnFRnYEcRVMswhtE3NCGYJ4LfEtx8klhtITX4tRp1-rOU91KFfxmmdRquyqMCh5zq4_XJS-qBGFZT6u5cz3zL1DGlvNtiu007mozSzEMUV8LVLpk93Jc05C6S2PdMBpyceMII3cXbQFa27owvCUTPNxLHozXcbInaVnVp_YfFebeGW93HQAQaC7wro5uHWkmcrE_m_1iDOM22IsDoJYTh7_tKC2uISsY1a_rSP3gJkCIzFbDLSN5YTOm0ykmX26VuSFILwrFkeSaJ9zfgE7idHu7=w1688-h949-no

Just at a quick glance that also looks close to the blue that Nissan used on the SD-22 from the early 80's. I will have to check it out.

Don

2H engine colour code is RAL 5015

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom