bumper build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to share this bumper that I had built with the help of some friends.

Carl
07dec06 001.jpg
18dec06 003.jpg

very nice job

winch intergration??, I would move the dryer up and paint it black so it did not take away from the look..

i like that alot.... i thought to myself you should plate the lower third and then i saw you had; any shots of it on the truck w/ the plating?maybe continue in the center or will there be a winch mount there?

Sweet work.
Thats pretty much what I want to do but I would like to try and follow the lines of the grill chrome with the stinger. No idea how I will bend that though.

Thanks for the replies and input. This project isn't quite done, but wanted the majority done to give me protection while I do some runs until I make the time to finish it up. This I'm glad I did because last month during a snow run it stopped a tree from swallowing up the DS corner. It performed up to what I expected, but due to the force of impact the top side wing has a slite bend which isn't noticeable unless you really look at it. I do have future plans to add a winch and a couple more gussets which one will be to re-enforce the ends of the wings. Here's a pic of it done for now painted with dupli-color bed liner.

For those that want to know the details; the winch plate is 3/8", tow plate is 1/2", boxing in the rest of mounting points is 1/4", 1.5" x .120 wall tube, gusset plates on lower wings are 1/4" for forward and downward impact. Bending was done with a homemade bender that I borrowed from a friend which is similar to the basic pipe bender tool design. The difference is the die is made from scratch with 2" stock block cut for 1.5" tube spec'd to give a 5.5" radius bend. It was then cut in half and then one of the half piece cut in half again which was used as the guides. A 15ton bottle jack was used and it bends like butter.

Carl
22dec06 001.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom