OME Dakars are awesome!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OME Dakars are awesome!!!!!!!!!!! With PICS!!

I just finished putting a complete OME suspension in my rig from Man-A-Fre. Wow:eek: I can't believe how incredible the ride is now:grinpimp: I had Skyjackers on before and it rode like it didn't have a suspension. I needed a kidney belt and mouth guard. I am totally satisfied and feel it was worth the money.

Thanks to all that I asked questions. :beer:

Last edited:
Nice, does it actually flex when you go over a bump. I have something on my from the PO and it wouldnt flex with an elephant in it. I have heard good stuff about OME.

This went on my '80. I did the 2.5 inch which turned out to be perfect. I am not a rock crawler. Its a daily driver. I will definately post some pics tomorrow when I take em. I told my wife it was almost as good as her Tundra TRD, and it is. I cant imagine what it is gonna be like when it breaks in! It flexes great from what I can tell just from a short test drive.

Interesting...

Can you share how much $$ you plunked down for this? I just got a '76 and I'm not sure what suspension it has but it is horribly stiff. I'm slowly investigating options to soften it and it sounds like what you did might be just the thing for me.

Thanks,

-Danimal :cool:

Good to hear. I still haven't gotten around to installing my Dakars yet.:frown: Had 'em here for over a year now.:rolleyes:

BTW, I've got a poser down here that doesn't care about ride quality and is looking for a cheap lift. Want to sell your old one?

762fmj said:
I just finished putting a complete OME suspension in my rig from Man-A-Fre. Wow:eek: I can't believe how incredible the ride is now:grinpimp: I had Skyjackers on before and it rode like it didn't have a suspension. I needed a kidney belt and mouth guard. I am totally satisfied and feel it was worth the money.

Thanks to all that I asked questions. :beer:
Would love to see some pics of your shackle angles as well as a side view. I had finally made up my mind to buy these and started hearing all this stuff about them having bad shackle angles because the springs are too short. Please post some pics if possible. Thanks

I got my complete setup from Man-A-Fre for $1215.00, plus it was $200.00 shipping here to Wyoming. With shipping, this $1400.00 is what most places are asking for the setup before shipping. It was the least expensive place to buy that I found, and I looked hard. I am sorry if I didn't buy it from one of "the good old boys" but $200.00 isnt worth the fuzzy feeling.

Mark,
I'll call ya. Oh, and "just do it" the ride difference is right up there with sex. Well, maybe not to some, but I'm 40 and it just ain't the same as when I was 20.:crybaby:

I wouldnt listen to all that stuff. I doubt any of them are Toyota engineers or anything other than shade tree mechanics. It's kinda like when I was doing the research to find out the best setup a guy to me to remove one of the rear springs and make the ride better. Ya well, maybe so, but it wasn't engineered that way and it didnt come that way. Remember what opinions are, everone has one and it usually stinks. From what my research told me was that OME was the best system there is. And OME makes setups for Land Rovers as well. I dont think the competition does. This is an educated opinion!

Thread is useless with out pics.........:flipoff2:

What size tire are you running with them?

$1200.!?

Lemme' see....for my BJ40 I bought my Dakkar springs during a sale in cruiserparts,net for $95 each, my OME shocks at another vender for $32. each (think it was Rocky Mountain), my shackles from Man-a free for $120. and maybe the bushings from man-a-fre too at what? $100.? I don't really remember but the total was under $900. for everything including the $100. shipping from New Hampshire. Every day was christmas for a little while!

Anyway, it took research:rolleyes:

But I think the HFS springs are better for a trail truck and put them on my white one.

Well, there you go! Like I said, research.

I am trying to post pics but cant get them small enough. I posted a new thread to get help on this.

Here they are:bounce: the first one is just after repaint
Fj1.jpg
fj2.jpg
fj3.jpg

I like what you used to recover the seat covers. Are you going to run bigger tires?

Thanks for the pics...nice truck!!! What size tires are those? How difficult and how long did the uninstall install take? Any pointers?
Also, what color is that..Olive brown?

Thank you! I am running 235-85-16's. They work great in the mud and snow. Color is the original Olive Green and I decided to break it up with the black. I think it took me about 4 Hrs. I used an air hammer with with a long round bit to drive the old pins out and it was very easy. I did it myself and could have cut the time down with another set of hands. Best tip is to search the forum for people who have done it and see what they did. Jackbrad has a good write-up on his. https://forum.ih8mud.com/search.php?searchid=1139062 The kit doesn't come with instructions so get a game plan before starting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom