Recently ordered a replacement radiator for my 40 from radiatorbarn.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided to go with Radiator Barn after a few searches here on mud...seems like fellow 40 owners are pleased this product.

The same day I placed my order (on-line), I received a call from Radiator Barn.
Initially thought they were calling to verify my order...I was wrong.

Dave called to inform me that my radiator was currently only available from the east coast, which means extended shipping-time.
He wanted to notify me personally, and make sure my rid wasn't down...waiting for this radiator.

He also would be happy to cancel my order, If I could not afford to wait and found another vendor...

That's pretty good customer service if you ask me...Concerned Vendors are few and far between.

Dave,
Thank You for lookin out for a 40 owner, your customer service is appreciated :D

manny

I've also purchased 2 radiators from them and have had great service. The radiators arrived very fast and well packaged. The one I purchased for our fj62 is still in the cruiser and doing fine several years later. It gets driven every day. The other I purchased their fj40 4-row copper/brass radiator for my v8 fj40 but it didn't keep the SBC 383 cool enough for me. Since the radiator didn't work out for my fj40 I had a friend install it in his fj40 with a SBC 350 TBI and after 2 years he's happy with it and says it always runs about 180 on the highway or trail.

I would buy from them again for stock applications and have recommended them to others. Their prices and service are hard to beat.

i've also had excellent luck with the rad in my v8j40...i recommend them highly

I received a radiator out here in Nevada from them just this spring - what is the deal? I got the 4 row heavy duty stock spec model and it arrived promptly and fit perfectly, i had to pay sales tax which means they have a Nevada warehouse (like most West coast suppliers) so what did you order that was different?

west-coast suppliers were out of stock...timing is everything :D

I looked up the price for mine. The hvy duty 4 row is only $181 shipped. That's pretty damned good!

mr_manny said:
Dave,
Thank You for lookin out for a 40 owner, your customer service is appreciated :D

manny

That's good service - I'd call the Customer Service line and ask for a manager then state that you're impressed with the service you recieved - so they keep up the good work. I'm a firm believer in giving good feedback - especially if I plan on patronizing the establishment again in the future. Glad to hear they worked out for.

ranger said:
Cool Cruisers of Taiwan...................

Got mine from CCOT and it came the next day!!!! It was a CSF brand. Same thing you'll get from Radiator Barn. Just $50 more!:doh:

1973Guppie said:
anyone know if they make rad's for the FJ55's? searched but did not see them, sent them an email.....

Noah

I tried to source a 55 radiator and couldn't find one. Ended up just recoring the one I had. Good thing the tanks were good!

ranger said:
Cool Cruisers of Taiwan...................
I've expressed my experiences on their stuff more than once....and very few of it has been positive.

Do you think the quality is any better from any of the 1-800-radiator/Radiator Barn, etc sources? They're all a compromise. Quality does not equal cheap.

How much more is a Toyota radiator? I recently had to replace my gas tank and the OEM Toyota tank was only $40 more that a CCOT replica - so I figured I would spring the extra cash to know I'm getting a quality part that will last another 30 years.

dgangle said:
I've expressed my experiences on their stuff more than once....and very few of it has been positive.

Do you think the quality is any better from any of the 1-800-radiator/Radiator Barn, etc sources? They're all a compromise. Quality does not equal cheap.

I have read the threads on radiatorbarn as well and decided to try it out for myself last year.

First radiator sent was damaged upon arrival. Poorly packaged. They handled the replacement promptly and courteously.

Second radiator was only very slightly tweaked [one lip on the filler neck] I decided not to say anything and went ahead and installed it.

It started leaking after 6 months. I asked for, and recieved a warranty replacement. Still courteous.

In the meantime, I took my 12 year old custom-built H.D. radiator, that had developed one pinhole leak, and had the leak patched and reinstalled it. That was over a year ago. Never reinstalled the 'barn' radiator.

It didn't cool as well either.

My story.

Manny, I'm glad you had good service and wish you good luck with your radiator. I second Nomis on taking a few minutes to give them feedback. Vendors like that stuff.:)

finally installed radiator, and wanted to provide feedback.

radiator is SWEET :D
Could not be more pleased...thank you radiatorbarn :D

raidiator.jpg

picked it up from local speed shop...those honda guys have all the sexy parts.
It works, but I'm going back to stock :D

filter is already spoken for...just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom