FSM Prices??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking online for factory shop manuals and I'm shocked by the price some retailers are charging(about double) than others. I have the Hayne's and Max Ellery manuals but would prefer the FSM. Am I looking at the wrong info?

my chilton book was waaay wrong about a lot

Try CruiserDan - he can order the FSM manuals for you - brand new at a good price.

1-800-622-2033 is the Toyota Publications #. Not to take business away from Dan but this is the most direct way to get whatever you want at prices that aren't marked up. Even Dan has to sell it at this price as they aren't marked up by Toyota. 1989-90 FJ62 FSM is $67 plus change. You can get lucky on ebay once in a while but you can also get burned by those selling photocopies. Ask what you are buying there.

Tom,
Best thing to do is call the 800 number that overhanger gave ya. I posted the same question before and I hope I'm not wrong but CDan also advised the 800 number. I just got mine about 2 weeks ago. The 2F emmisions was $10.32 and the 2F Engine manual was $24.61. Shipping was $12 for a total of 46.93. Some of the best money I spent on my project this far. Wish I had them when I was working on my 40. I didn't order the body chasis manual cause I got that from birfield.com.
HTH
Andy
:cheers:

Thanks for all the help guys!!! I'm not cheap but I don't have money to throw around(who does!). I just couldn't believe one outfit would sell the chassis & body manual for about $160.00 and another would sell the same for around $80.00. Maybe I'm not fully awake yet!!

Here's a website with a lookup engine for the factory manuals. I assume the prices are what you get when you call the toyota publications material distribution center. You kind of have to poke around to find all the manuals--or know the publication numbers. These are mine:

2F Engine: 36104
2F emmissions: 36043
Chassis and Body: 36262E
Chassis and Body supplement 4/85: 36274A
Electrical Wiring Diagram 1983: 36679A
Maintenance Procedures 1985: 36788A

edit...oops--forgot the website

Last edited:
2mbb said:
Here's a website with a lookup engine for the factory manuals. I assume the prices are what you get when you call the toyota publications material distribution center. You kind of have to poke around to find all the manuals--or know the publication numbers. These are mine:

Thanks again everyone!!!
Just got my order placed this morning for all six manuals/supplements, $140.86 total. This should prove to be the best investment I'll make for my Cruiser, can't wait to tackle that nest of vacuum lines!!!:bounce2:

ps: Shoulda bought these three years ago!:doh:

bringing this thread back from the ages, but just called and ordered my 2F engine manual and they said you have 60 days to return any publication ordered if it isn't what you need.

picked up 2 FSMs for the FJ62 on ebay for $30 and $35. one in VG condition and the other is near perfect.

They only offer the 36262e, which I have already, but it doesn't list the FJ60 2F in it as being covered.

I also have the 2F engine manual(36104).

I'm thinking the 36274A is the supplement book that covers the FJ60 2F motor. Toyota doesn't carry it.

I think I'd also need the others too....I'm gonna try Ebay.

Thanks

They only offer the 36262e, which I have already, but it doesn't list the FJ60 2F in it as being covered.

I'm thinking the 36274A is the supplement book that covers the FJ60 2F motor. Toyota doesn't carry it.

Thanks

Opps, nevermind, when I enter the publication number on the website, it finds each one as you enter them.

I'm gonna call them tomorrow!

Thanks

Regarding the website linked above, you have to hunt around the different years to find all the manuals.

I have a print version of the body & chassis manual dated 10/84. While it doesn't state that it covers the FJ60, it does cover the 60 series, and has worked fine for all the maintenance I've done (axles, transfer case, transmission, brakes, clutch, steering). The engine is covered in the engine manual not the body and chassis manual. If your engine still has the smog equipment, the 2F emissions manual is very useful.

I purchased the 36274A from spector off road. It has a short section on front wheel alignment & speedometer calibration, information on air conditioning compressor and electrical wiring diagrams. Frankly, unless you are going to rebulid your ac compressor yourself, I don't think this manual is worth it.

The two manuals you have plus the 2F emissions manual (available from toyota for about $15) will do about 95% of what you will ever need.
body and chassis forward.JPG

the fsm from toyota pubs is about 80 ish. and worth every dollar. No other manuals are worth it.

Dan has to order from them to sell to you. Easier to order directly. Those guys in cali at toyota pubs are nice and fast. 4 days to Canada...... I was shocked.

Regarding the website linked above, you have to hunt around the different years to find all the manuals.

I have a print version of the body & chassis manual dated 10/84. While it doesn't state that it covers the FJ60, it does cover the 60 series, and has worked fine for all the maintenance I've done (axles, transfer case, transmission, brakes, clutch, steering). The engine is covered in the engine manual not the body and chassis manual. If your engine still has the smog equipment, the 2F emissions manual is very useful.

I purchased the 36274A from spector off road. It has a short section on front wheel alignment & speedometer calibration, information on air conditioning compressor and electrical wiring diagrams. Frankly, unless you are going to rebulid your ac compressor yourself, I don't think this manual is worth it.

The two manuals you have plus the 2F emissions manual (available from toyota for about $15) will do about 95% of what you will ever need.

I'm glad the guy who sold to me included the expensive manuals. I only need the emissions, and supplement.

Thanks!

Okay, so I'm ready to shell out the $$$ for my FSM for my FJ62, and want to know what's the difference between the 1988 & 1989+? Looks like there's a "single" manual available for the 89+ (a master FSM), while there is a specifically separate one for the 1988's.
Seems odd, and want to make certain that I'm getting the correct manual! Just want electrical/body/drivetrain. (no need for tranny/motor)
Assuming that I need Specter # 221-46

Last edited:
General bump, & suggest it be listed in the FAQ for FSM source & number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom