Exiled's Roundup pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Call it a prototype of the 4+, built way before the 4+ line was available.

Tim, I never had issues with my roof rack, it was on from '91 to '94, then again from '99 to '03....??

Yeah dude, thats a nice rig!

Looks like a blast out there too.

Chicago

i love your truck. i cant find the thread with the build. your soa? 35's?

Henry amigo mio .. I can place my HJ-60 together yours . ? : D in my dreams ..

So congrats .. looks very very nice .. some day, some day .. :D

DBS311 said:
It looks like the Man-A-Fre 4+ rear bumper that is no longer available. Am I right? What do I win?

I believe it is still available

Sean

Henry,

Se ve arrechisima pana.
That's one fine looking 60. I read your article on TT, very nice.
I hope you can make it to CM

All you need now is an Inti roof rack.

Saludos

Alvaro

alvarorb said:
Henry,

Se ve arrechisima pana.

All you need now is an Inti roof rack.

Alvaro

Thanks! Got one, bro, it's just not on! :)

Exiled great looking rig , you say in a previous post that you are wider now , how did you go wider , spacers ? offset rims , if so how much ?
also what size are those mtr's ?

Cheers
Hey Charger.

Hey Charger said:
Exiled great looking rig , you say in a previous post that you are wider now , how did you go wider , spacers ? offset rims , if so how much ?
also what size are those mtr's ?

Cheers
Hey Charger.

I'm runnning those 35x12.5R15 MT/Rs on 8" steel rims with a custom 2" backspacing, which makes the truck 3" wider than if I was running stock rims or those Sunraysias that are so common down under. My Cruiser is 78" wide and 77" tall, sitting perfectly level front to back and skewing to one side (big ass spare tire and big ass driver both on the left).

Exiled said:
"Stupid Gears" are one of the best investments I've made on this truck, I love them! MPG was around 24, dunno exactly because I drove from here to there, wheeled two days, then drove back, used up 1/3 of a tank! :)

I was lucky enough to be in Austin for their club meeting and saw it put along at what looked like 1/2 a mile per hour with two guys pushing on the front bumper!

We didn't chat much at the roundup. but it was a real blast wheeling with you guys. Super nice rig you have there. My batteries died in the digi cam before you hit the waterfall though, or I could add a few pix to this thread for ya.

green73 said:
We didn't chat much at the roundup. but it was a real blast wheeling with you guys. Super nice rig you have there. My batteries died in the digi cam before you hit the waterfall though, or I could add a few pix to this thread for ya.

Thanks! I'm looking for pics of my rig on the last obstacle of Waterfall, where your batteries died. Did anyone grab some?

Thnx! You know how to make an appearance at a Cruiser event!

I'll be there next year and might head out to Colorado late summer. If you're ever in Austin, my house is open to all Cruiserheads and I always have cold beer and Cruiser stories! :)

Exiled said:
Thanks! I'm looking for pics of my rig on the last obstacle of Waterfall, where your batteries died. Did anyone grab some?

Here ya go, Henry. Here's also one of David's 60, and one of you on that rock ledge. Loved both of your rigs. You've given me lots of inspiration and ideas for my 60.

Last edited:
High Desert said:
What a rigged out Rig! Looks like you got it all covered, I really like the idea of the scuba tank on the tire carrier! You never know when you'll have to do a dive to get loose from a river bottom or deep mud..

??? You're kidding, right? 'Cause that's a CO2 tank for onboard air!??? :confused:

Thanks for posting the pics, Paul! :)

Henry,
Great to see you pumped again. The Cruiser world is a more colorful place when you are active. Circle The Wagons was always the first full Trails article I would read, every edition.
I'm curious if you checked with the Texas Hiway Patrol or TDOT as to the legality of a tank with compressed gases mounted on the rear of the truck? As you may know, some states have a law against it. Even though compressed CO2 is relatively harmless, the possibility of it being propane or some other flammable content can give the police a good enough reason to stop you for inspection. I don't know of anyone who has been stopped for this but the picture of the Princess made me think of it. If you have any info about the subject I would appreciate knowing more. Then again, you probably only mount the tank back there when off trail. Never mind.
Thanks and welcome back. Oh, and you are forgiven for swapping out the 62 front end for the 60. It does look good. :)

To be honest, I didn't look into the legality of it, it just seemed like a good place to carry it. On the way to Katemcy we had a TX state trooper check out our little convoy of Cruisers, you can tell he was itching for a reason to pull us over but didn't. He had to had seen the CO2???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom