Installed Costom EFS fuel injection, WOW it is the smack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First I want to say I am not knocking his setup but I have looked into TBI quite a bit. If we were going to get an article in TT I would prefer it was the DIY setup. There are two main ways to do the DIY one is the megasquirt and the second is the chevy v6 setup modified to a LC. It seems that the DIY is much cheeper. I am a guy with way more time than money so I would prefer a DIY. I feel an article recomending buying and droppng in wouldn't be as interesting to read about as one of the DIY methods. I have some notes on the method I am planning to take at my website:

http://www.geocities.com/faststealthrt/TBI.html

Just my .02

congrats on your setup I hope to enjoy TBI someday too.

E

Poseidon

sure you can put this together yourself, thats easy , I wanted to do that too, but my issue was how in the heck are you going to tune the chip, that stuff is expenceive, and fuel injection takes some experiance to master, I was having idleing problems (ilding too high)as well as cold start problems (way rich) ,as well as a throtle follower program doing bad stuff, all with the first chip, this was a chip from someone in this feild as a guess to get it started and running so a a data download could be looked at, then he fixed from there.

I paid for his knowledge of the system, 1 weekend install, I am not much on sitting here in front of this confuzer typing, pecking actully, I would rather be outdoors enjoying my fj, and his ability to tune my truck from 2100 miles away, thats what you pay for. just seemed like a good way to go since the time to master this is a long ways off even for a good wrencher like me.

I guess I am likeing this system because John has taken a real intrest in cruisers, trying his best to get it right, he said that a couple of people wanted to see how mine turned out before they bought 1, I guess they will be ordering soon.

Best of luck with your future install, and let us know how it works.

PabloCruise said:
Anyone besides me get water in the glove box when it is raining?

I would bet the seam sealer that is between the front part of the cowl and the area that the windshield is fastened to is the culprit...

Good luck!

-Steve

I've been watching customefis for a while, and he seems to be an upstanding guy - for those who don't want to pay for his expertise, he sells a "do it yourself" book that covers the topic thoroughly, for the princely sum of $30.

Being as how I'm a 30+ year embedded computer programming geek, that's pretty appealing...

No relationship with customEfis, financial or otherwise

Kirk

Seth, thanks for posting this info. I am interested in doing this upgrade from my weber. ( can't do steep angles) lets us know how your weekend goes with the new set up.

tucker74 said:
Windshield gasket (under) my friend...unless you've got a working cowl vent (then either).

Tucker

Poser said:
I would bet the seam sealer that is between the front part of the cowl and the area that the windshield is fastened to is the culprit...

Good luck!

-Steve

Thanks Guys! I'll have dry gloves in no time!

:)

well, weekend of AZLCA trail runs is over, Just wanted to say that my TBI is working awsome!!!!!!!

Starts cold to pipen hot, no problems at all, did all angles and no vapor lock. lots easyer on gas and has a little more power.

So there you have it, it is a good thing.

Seth

All right Seth! That is great news... I'll be looking to get this mod before the real cold weather sets in

Thanks for testing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom