Wiring up coil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am swapping a 20r out of a 79 4x4 into an 84 2wd diesel truck (using the diesel for my 4x4 project). how do i wire up the stock coil? it has three wires on it (red, yellow, and a little wire). Or will an aftermarket coil be the best choice?

I'm trying harder.

:D
coilwires.gif

Im not good at reading schematics. im using the diesel out of the 2wd truck and i am putting a 20r in it so i can sell it. thats why i need a coil (for the 20r, not the diesel). am i just better off picking up a different coil? I need to know what to hook each wire to.

Video: Coil wire connections 00:38

the yellow wire goes to the neg side. then plugs into a connector with only 2 wires
I made a 00:38 video. ANTI 56K!! :D
the other 2 you mention on my truck are black. (or just very dirty.)
but it dosent matter since the both tie into the positive side of the coil.
oh, and you MUST have a ignitor. And you should NOT buy after mkt igniton for a yoter.
heres a video:

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l58/ultimatemeat/?action=view&current=Default-1.flv?t=1168408644

Last edited:
Dude I never thought I would see the day that instead of just a 30 second reply post someone would make an instructional video!

Props to you wrisy.

oh and btw those straps were diesel one made a great christmas gift (the other is in my truck now!) thanks again!!!

Dude I never thought I would see the day that instead of just a 30 second reply post someone would make an instructional video!

Props to you wrisy.

oh and btw those straps were diesel one made a great christmas gift (the other is in my truck now!) thanks again!!!

right on. thanks.
i thot it will be usefull down the road, but made it just for this thread.

The colossal straps i sell certianly are COLOSSAL. :D
Im glad you like em

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom