Builds V8 Swap Project Begins! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kirk,
Nice work. :cheers:

I hope your not amortizing that machine over those two brackets.:doh:

That's killer work. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Perhaps you could make a small run (3-4) of motormounts and sell them to mudders?

I would be glad to run copies of the parts for anyone doing a swap. Hopefully my design will work for others.

kirk said:
I would be glad to run copies of the parts for anyone doing a swap. Hopefully my design will work for others.

Kirk's designs are really top notch.

I wouldn't hesitate putting any of his designs into my rig.

Looks great Kirk....now, how's the plumbing going?

-o-

Last edited:
Here are pics of testing the exhaust clearance relative to driveshaft movement.

80 exhaust 005.jpg

80 exhaust 007.jpg

80 exhaust 008.jpg
80 exhaust 005.jpg
80 exhaust 007.jpg
80 exhaust 008.jpg

I was wondering that too. Probably just forgot to take their beer out of the engine bay.

Rather than take the radiator out to the truck to get the rest of the coolant out I decide to use the deere to tip it.

I dont have the radiator hoses fabbed up yet. so it dumped out.

Kirk

Hi Gary... I see you are making progress looks great!

Lunch break right now. finished exhaust pics attached. Working on the fan shroud with additonal transmission cooler right now. Learned some new tricks on the shift points from the l/c guys down under. Basically I am working on all plumbing related items now. After this it will be wiring and then VROOM.. If all is correct. Oh everyones been asking what his thing will be identified as when completed. I came up with something simple... was FZJ80 now will be V80

More to come sorry I cant work as speedy as Gary.

Kirk
P1000072.JPG

P1000073.JPG

P1000074.JPG
P1000072.JPG
P1000073.JPG
P1000074.JPG

And a few more...
P1000070.JPG

P1000077.JPG

P1000075.JPG
P1000070.JPG
P1000077.JPG
P1000075.JPG

Is that dual 2.5" into a single 3" Y pipe? Looking good so far.

2.25 INTO 3" 3" glasspack muffler. hooker headers

I am making a SS square exhaust tip and building 1/4" battle armor attaching to the slider around the bottom of the tip to protect it. I like the idea of the sidepipe, kinda musclecar-ish. My factory rear exit exhust was always taking heavy fire from the rocks.

I like FJV80 for a name. Impressive work on this project so far!

3D model of new fan shroud with mount for additional tranny cooler. Will laser cut and bend tomorrow. Material will be .048 thick steel powdercoated semigloss black.

Kirk

fan_shroudJPG_edited.jpg
fan_shroudJPG_edited.jpg

Fan shroud in place.... Need to mount to the cooler, finish TIG welding and then it can get powder coated.
Kirk

P1000078.JPG

P1000083.JPG
P1000078.JPG
P1000083.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom