Re-tightended the oil pan bolts and hoped for less leaks. It's surprising how many loosened. If it happens again they'll get some minor thread locker. Picked up new headlights/relay/harness from @cruisermatt . Super simple install and works like a dream.
Gotta built some mounts for the seats...
I was pretty surprised myself. It bucked and I stalled several times. Drove it for about 20mins around the neighborhood today again and it stayed at 190* and ran significantly better. Only bucked/stalled when I went to 4L for a bit. I'm assuming different loads made the Sniper freak a bit.
Got the clutch adjusted and took it for a spin around the neighborhood. The DS rear brake came back smoking and the exhaust leak was crazy loud. The blower motor is always on and it's smoking less and less. Today was a good day.
Finally got the engine bay back together. Yes I'm running the cleaner backwards.
Got a good drip coming off the front of the engine while running. Gotta solve that now.
Also, to diag a no-charge condition.
The joys of old trucks!
Got it moving today!!! Took some effort getting the timing dialed in and it's still probably a bit off. The throttle and clutch are WAYYYYYYYY off, but it moves and stops! Felt pretty dang good to get it going today.
I'm sure there's more to come. Simple pride of work will go miles towards competency. I was just gonna do "the necessities" ( see earlier posts) but as I saw the quality of work done, I've decided to take time and just go through everything I can.
Did a lot of little things today. Still.more to go but inching closer to first drives.
Discovered a while ago that the master would drain itself in about a day. The junction on the front axle was the culprit. Hard lines had recently been replaced (assuming by P/O). Oh boy! Now, I'm no Mr...
Gonna have to take a look and see what I need to make this happen. Might end up reaching out for a slave if I cant make the one I have already work. It should be doable, but I've said that before on this truck and here we are.
Need some help on this one,
There is no slave bracket with this truck. The previous setup had some weird system of spacers on the bell housing mount. I need to order a new slave here soon. It's a 78 bellhousing, do I need to order a slave for that year of bellousing and the bracketry for it...
Separated the manifolds and cleaned/painted them. Gonna re use for now. Couldn't find the right studs to replace the boogered up bolts with at the local stores (made an order). Valve cover gasket was hopelessly too small. Might tinker with that before giving up and ordering one with some sort of...
Took a crack at cleaning up the manifolds. Got super lucky and came away with no broken bolts or nuts. The long manifold clamping bolt almost got me but enough heat, lube, patience, and impact guns got it. Found some more PO surprises though. Any guesses what these welds are supposed to be...
Yeah there's been a ton of under the surface stuff on this so far. Lots of correcting bad/horrible and some just downright wrong repairs.
Yeah @cruisermatt hooked me up with a side cover, transmission stuff and some oil filter things. He's been a huge help.
Laundry detergent and water and lightly scrubbed with a green scotch bright pad. A large brush about the stiffness of a toothbrush would've worked as well. It was mostly dust ,dried mildew, and some mold.
Never have I ever scrubbed a headliner. At least it smells like clean laundry now instead of old funk.
Pivot ball, speedo cable, and oil lines came in and installed. Waiting on some other vanity stuff.