Center Consoles FS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently picked up a batch of center consoles from a local law enforcement agency. They were mounted in Impala's IIRC and housed everything from 2 way radios to siren controllers to GPS. They have power points (cigarette lighter plugs) installed in most all of them as well as arm rests and cup holders. I am going to take mine and install my radio in it as well as a couple of aftermarket gauges and maybe even my CB!! That way I dont have to cut holes in the dash and it will provide the much needed storage . I am attaching a couple of pics as I've received them. NOW, these are not mint, pristine consoles, they have holes drilled in them for microphone handles to who knows what but it's nothing that a little JB weld or mig won't fix and there are no face plates but you will have to custom make one for whatever you install anyway. I'm asking $90 bux shipped via UPS.

Thx.

Kevin

Dimensions are:

31.5" long

7.5" wide

15" tall in the back ( not including arm rest)

19" tall to top of arm rest.
consoles015.jpg
consoles016.jpg

could you post a sideview pic and one with the lid down, it's really hard to tell whats going on in those pics. thank you for your time.-Matt

Here are a couple of mockup pics and profile pics as requested. There are two different mount types as shown.
profileofconsole006.jpg
profileofconsole007.jpg
topofconsolewgauges.jpg

I've gotten a few questions about these consoles so I'll try and answer the most common ones. Just about every piece of this console is adjustable such as the legs, arm rests and locations of accessories such as cupholders, radios etc. Some of them have a fuse block mounted in the base of them to power the power points and other electronics installed. All you would have to do is run a 10 ga. wire from the battery over to the panel. They are not sealed units but can be made a sealed unit fairly easily. With the small space left over on mine I am going to make a box out of sheet metal that will fit on the inside and attach a hinged lid and lock for security. I think these would be perfect for the trail rig or crawler but I'm installing mine in place of the stock console.
Let me know if you have anymore questions.

A little progress. I'll post this up in Tech when I'm done for those who are interested.

The consoles are actually several pieces such as the mounting base, the top (console) and the arm rests. with the console removable from the base it actually makes the length adjustable. I'm going to set mine directly on top of the base so it will measure approx. 24" long and not interfere with the shifter. I removed the console from the base and test fit it between the seats. To get it to fit I had to bend the legs in towards the center but it gives you more options for mounting. I am going to use the front two holes where the original console attaches and the rear seat mounts by installing a piece of flat bar bent to fit and also make it height adjustable. I'm going to use a piece of sheet metal bent to fit for the gauges but as you can see I'm using cardboard for mockup purposes.
I'm attaching a couple of pics for progress...
mockuprear3.jpg
mockupprofile1.jpg

Yeah, I left the cover off of the top overnight and the damned mourning doves had a crapathon on the cars as you can tell by the DS seat.

A couple of pics before I call it an evening.

The first pic is of the mounting leg that I made and second pic is of the legs reshaped.
DSC01600.jpg
DSC01602.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom