FZJ80 winch mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone manufacture a winch mount that can be bolted directly to the front of an FZJ80? I have searched everywhere but no luck. I find it hard to believe that the only option is to buy a universal mount and cut/drill it to fit..

Not a direct bolt on, but I just bought a winch mounting plate from Summit for $39 to my door. Sits on top of the frame rails nicely, drill some holes and add a bracket or two, viola! The low price of the plate will allow you to pay a friend to do the welding/fab if you aren't capable.

Thanks for the link. I purchased the channel mount ..the same one you have.. from Harbor Freight also. I cut and mounted it but then found that my winch (12k lbs) is too large for the mount. I need to buy another mount that is larger than 7 1/4 inches wide, more like 8 1/4 minimum and recut and mount again or find someone that can make me a mount that I can just bolt on.

Thanks for the link. I purchased the channel mount ..the same one you have.. from Harbor Freight also. I cut and mounted it but then found that my winch (12k lbs) is too large for the mount. I need to buy another mount that is larger than 7 1/4 inches wide, more like 8 1/4 minimum and recut and mount again or find someone that can make me a mount that I can just bolt on.

Space it farther out from the radiator. Alot of people use the same mount without problems. Search for 86tuning he did a nice one along with other people.

There are several good threads here on people who've done the install with a mounting behind the OEM bumper. Do some poking around, they're well worth studying for install tips, design info and making it look good.

EDIT: One I'm thinking of is 98 SNAKE EATER's install, but there are others.

I have a precut and drilled winch channel mount that id sell for cheap if anybody is interested. install details are in my build thread.

It's not a big deal to mark and drill 4 or 6 holes is it? Universal jeep winch plates are cheap. Just make it work. You need to do custom wiring anyways...

Hello, I make these winch mounts ready to bolt on directly to the front, you can use your stock bumper only need to do a rectangular cut on the front of the bumper where came out the steel cable. The winch rest behind the bumper and you don't need to modify the stock bumper mount o make holes, nothing. Only cut the part of the bumper where the cable goes out. I do this mounts in steel 1/4" thick with dual plates holes in the front or down to put different winch styles.

How much do you sell them for?
Hello, I'm still in paperwork to start the business in USA, I'm working in Venezuela with custom parts and design new ones for TLC. I have one available but is located in Venezuela (south america). I don't know how can I export to your location or the cost of the shipping because is heavy that part. I can sell to you in 50$ plus shipping. I invite you to follow me on Instagram so you can see the pieces @fgequipment @Fran4500

IMG_20150222_231620.jpg

Trail gear makes one now and includes a receiver hitch

How about drawing out exactly what you want, going to the local steel yard & hunt the remnant pile first, or pay the extra $$$ to have all parts cut exactly as you want from new stock, then take to a local welder, have him stab some holes in it too if you don't have a drill & bits.

Short answer is no on the mount, plus different winches have differing size cases, solonoid box location, or even the freewheel lever.

Is this something you plan to stealth mount with your factory bumper, or are you going for the bumperless / "road warrior" look?

JDM had a factory bumper / stealth mount but I know nothing beyond seeing pics on the nets, prob a big $$$ item to try & find if you're USDM.

Hello, I'm still in paperwork to start the business in USA, I'm working in Venezuela with custom parts and design new ones for TLC. I have one available but is located in Venezuela (south america). I don't know how can I export to your location or the cost of the shipping because is heavy that part. I can sell to you in 50$ plus shipping. I invite you to follow me on Instagram so you can see the pieces @fgequipment @Fran4500

View attachment 1109567
I wana buy one

Hello, I make these winch mounts ready to bolt on directly to the front, you can use your stock bumper only need to do a rectangular cut on the front of the bumper where came out the steel cable. The winch rest behind the bumper and you don't need to modify the stock bumper mount o make holes, nothing. Only cut the part of the bumper where the cable goes out. I do this mounts in steel 1/4" thick with dual plates holes in the front or down to put different winch styles.
Do you still sell these? More info please.

👋 I make one. Waiting for the first one to come back from powdercoat to see how much of the factory bumper has to be cut up to fit. But for now it works great with no bumper or I have another solution in the works to bolt on a tube bumper. The thread about it is in the small business classifieds Click Here for it.
Other Side Mounted.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom