The Official 'OOPS!' Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
View attachment 810607 My old BJ73. Drove home 110km in a May Long snow storm after a rock nailed it. Minutes after I shut the truck door to go inside and the air pressure was enough to explode the windshield.

View attachment 810607

Last edited:
image-46957950.jpg

Orange. Years ago. Before I realized the importance of maintenance!

image-46957950.jpg

The latest...
oops.jpg

I had my 2003 Dodge w/Cummins & manual transmission in my garage, doing some work on it. I needed to start it to check something or other, and being a manual, it wouldn't start without the clutch pedal on the floor. Because I was working beside the truck, I just pressed the clutch with my left hand, started it with my right, and once running, let off the clutch pedal.
Of course, the truck was in gear. And, of course, a Cummins at idle still has tons of torque.... it drove into the garage door, leaving a dodge-shaped imprint that is still on that door today, but the worst part was the rear hatch on the canopy was open, and the handled grabbed an overhead gas line as it drove by and busted out the rear window of the brand spanking new canopy I had just purchased new for a trip I was bout to leave for in a few days. Stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom