from B to 3B with Turbo Intercooler at last (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yah, i know what you mean.
in the old club i was the little guy most of the time. most of the guys went big and then bigger... i went smaller.

it does seem that when you go big you don't wheel as much...

There are few times ( plaaces ) that you need more than driving skills ( still always the most important think ) .. just a deep swamp or that long slippery hill that can't be beat without lockers or more rpm ..

Ya I know .. there is awlays the winch .. just you don't want to be the one being the turtle in the group ..

Lucky for us .. we have a great team down here .. and the last time that I broke my axle JoeKatana prove be part of those mates where you can trust ..

:beer:

it does seem that when you go big you don't wheel as much...

true true .. :frown:

Edit: I'm not really bigger here .. but I learn .. I don't need any bigger now.

Latest update,the engine is in the chassis.For everybody that was wondering if the Turbo would clear the hood???????????????????
YES the Turbo is on the right spot however the oil line that goes up does not,so basicaly i have two options now ;option one is to loosen up the turbo and turn it a little bit:meh:,or option two witch is my favorit just put a scoop on the hood:clap:.It is to hot here and i have seen so many people (theyr cars:hmm:)overheating,so i want all the extra refreshment that is possible.So far everything is going good,the only problems i had so far is that the new starter i bought did'nt do the job so i had to change to the old belhousing swapt the starter rings from the flywheels and mounted my old starter back:bang:(i prefer the newer ones with the reduction).I also put some isolation in the cab for the noise and the heat.Next things now will be exhaust(3":bounce:),new power steering from a 70 series so i can loose the little steering box in the front of the chassis,and then it's time for the gadgets;all new gages and ofcourse a suspended seat mount from a 61

PS i am thinking of a Hydroboost brake system does anybody have some Toyota experience with that:hmm:

PIC 1 all the different starters i used
PIC 2 The difference between the B and 3B flywheel(swapped the rings)
PIC 3 my gearbox with the new reanforcement plate
12 02 09 001-800.jpg
12 02 09 005-800.jpg
12 02 09 011-800.jpg

Some pics with the engine in place
12 02 09 017-800.jpg
12 02 09 019-800.jpg
12 02 09 020-800.jpg

...the new starter i bought did'nt do the job so i had to change to the old belhousing swapt the starter rings from the flywheels and mounted my old starter back..

PIC 2 The difference between the B and 3B flywheel(swapped the rings)...................

So which flywheel had the longer teeth on the ring-gear? (The one off your 1977 B-engine or the one off your 1988 3B?)

So which flywheel had the longer teeth on the ring-gear? (The one off your 1977 B-engine or the one off your 1988 3B?)

The B engine had the longer teeth's,the bolts to keep the flywheel on the engine were also smaller with the B engine.

put a 90 degeree inlet fitting...

I tried one but i kept hitting the sides (fitting to big or turbo to small:doh:),this is Panama you got to do the job with whatever you can find:whoops:

The startup is coming closer and closer,i just finisht the new power steering setup.I took the steeringhouse of the 61 and put it on the 40 for a more direct and more powerful steering,i still need to do the lines but that is after i put the Hydrobooster brakes on it.The exhaust is also finisht in 3" i think this was a mistake and i have to do it again some day in 2.5" so that i can run everything inside the chassisrails,the 3" was to thick to fit between the frame and the transfer case.Next week it wil be the new "Chevy style:eek:" alternator the hydroboost system and ofcourse install the radiator and intercooler so i can do a test drive:steer:
bj ooo 012-800.jpg
bj ooo 002-800.jpg

And here are some pics of the way to big exhaust:doh:
bj ooo 005-800.jpg
bj ooo 009-800.jpg
bj ooo 010-800.jpg

I started it up today and it sounds NICE,i have to fix some other stuff before i can testdrive it but it is coming closer and closer:steer:

I hope that the Hydroboost is going to work with the original TOY powersteering pump,if not i wil change it for a saginaw(there is already a chevy alternator on:grinpimp:)

Tomorow i am going to finish the hydrobooster after that connect the Gauges (pyro,boost,rpm and volt)and after that and litle bit of putting everything back together it's SHOWTIME

Actualy the first testrun wil be on saturday i will invite Tapage to film it:beer:

Here are some more pics
xx 044-800.jpg
111 012-800.jpg
111 008-800.jpg

And for my fellow Belgium guy Wimpie some more pics of the powers steering (i don't think you can get away with this in belgium:doh:)
111 001-800.jpg
111 002-800.jpg
111 003-800.jpg

Today it was time for the first testdrive WOW this car is fast !!!

If i compare it to the 2H witrh turbo that my friend Redstang410 here built a few months ago,mine is just alot faster.Boost was so far 8psi and pyro had a maximum (going uphill) 1100.

But the difference is huge if i shift to third gear i still can spin my 35" tyres with the original 4.10 Ratio

Hydrobooster was a nice surprise to ,stops way better even with the original toyota powersteeringpump

here is the you tube version:D

YouTube - sjf 013
sjf 008-800.jpg
sjf 011-800.jpg
sjf 009-800.jpg

Ahhhhh. But you've violated the bonnet/hood! That's taboo.
The cruiser Gods won't take kindly to that!

how did you fit the intercooler there? did you backup the radiator? I couldn't find a way to fit one without moving the rad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom