Aftermarket seats..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought I should litter this thread to show how I mounted my Baja SS's

seats2.JPG

seats.JPG

tucker74 said:
Man - you guys are spending way to much money here ... '94 Celica seats from the bone yard ($60). Adjustable lumbar, height, etc. - almost a bolt in swap.

CelicaSeats.jpg

Tucker

How much "almost" was there to the bolt in? :rolleyes:

Here's a link to a few pics I took tonight. The PO welded in the seats he used:mad: So I can to cut up the stock brackets a little. I used 5/16 flat iron to put in some new cross baces and then bolted the seats to those. The seat came w/ the sliders already on. It's kind of crude, but I did'n have a welder then, only a drill press and chop saw.

skulls.shutterfly.com

TLCSKULLS said:
Here's a link to a few pics I took tonight. The PO welded in the seats he used:mad: So I can to cut up the stock brackets a little. I used 5/16 flat iron to put in some new cross baces and then bolted the seats to those. The seat came w/ the sliders already on. It's kind of crude, but I did'n have a welder then, only a drill press and chop saw.

skulls.shutterfly.com

nice. now I see what you did, pretty easy garage fab to make them work.

if you could, could you post a few showing the full seats installed so I can get a feel for what they look like in the rig. thanks

wantatlc said:
nice. now I see what you did, pretty easy garage fab to make them work.

if you could, could you post a few showing the full seats installed so I can get a feel for what they look like in the rig. thanks

I put some pic in there this weekend. They won't be great becuse the hard top is on. I looked to see if I had any pics with the top off, but none showed the seats well. Now that I feel good about the fix, I've put it on my list to take them out and clean up and weld the frame, as it's a 40, the list is long:D

No, I can still get into it, I keep all my tools in it still and a few of the smaller spare parts, the only problem is that the bottle jack is trapped in there, so if I really need it i'll have to pull the seat.

I have always wanted to say this, plus in light of the Dark Knight opening this week......

Holy thread revival Batman!

How much "almost" was there to the bolt in? :rolleyes:

My question too.

From the ROTW thread:

Mind including a detail shot of the seat mounts??? Some of us are working at fixing aching behinds with new seats!!! (Sweet rig BTW!)

Cheers!

Seats use the factory brackets - they are out of a '94 Celica and the mounts were 1" narrower than the stock on each side. I just bolted 2" flat stock to the factory mounts and mounted these directly to that ... easy breazy.

Tucker

After-Market Seats in my '78

Mine has Recaro orthopaedic seats in the front - bought the LC used, so did not plop out that cash myself for them. However, I want to put in a 4-point harness - any recommendations?

This thread needs updated images!

Anyone have current images and suggestions most of these post are so old the images are missing now. I will want to change mine out at some point. I am interested in seats that are not so hot to sit in and of course comfort for longer rides. Air blowing seats would be great for these hot Texas days approaching. :crybaby: PGG

Maybe I need to make a beer and seat cooling jockey box for the back! :beer:

Out of a Honda City. Not water proof though but ride very good. Had Recaro Racing seats but they had been buried in mud so many times they rotted.

Rob:hillbilly:
101_7160.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom