snowstorm '08 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guess once again on the :princess:s day off I am going to have my 4 kids home. Talkin pockets of up to 20".:popcorn:

Father in law called me and said he only has 2 :beer: in the fridge. Sucks for him.:D

One must have minimum of 12+ beers at all times.

Little more snow up here by that I mean about 8+ inches since last night... the squalls are intense. So too is the drive home tonight going ot be.:steer:

We didn't get nearly as much as south of here but we don't have much more room for pushing it. The drive home was nuts. Blizzard in Fondy county and just like someone flipped a switch at the Winnebago county line.

Sure was nice having the TLC this week! They plowed me in at work on Wed. but "Freewheelin' Franklin" (My 97CE) didn't even spin a tire blasting through the drift. Had up to 20" around us but I only had about 15" at my house. I have had just about enough winter for one season. Ready to head south in a couple weeks. Not taking the 4WD down, taking the 3 wheeled, 1WD (sidecar rig). Daytona or Bust!

ccoli

sounds like a blast but you'll miss the race!

apparently 2000 cars were stranded along I90 from Stoughton to Janesville . My Paint salesman told me it took him 3 hrs. to drive from Madison to Janesville.:doh::steer:

ccoli

sounds like a blast but you'll miss the race!

What race? The 500? or the 200? I will see planty of racing at the DIS but mostly the historic and vintage bikes is what I go for. Not really a big Neckcar fan, but will be watching it this weekend in my basement theater. Having a tropical themed party banana daquiri's and all.
Plan is to depart the frozen tundra on 2/25. Got another 4-6" yesterday and 4 more forecast tomorrow.

sounds like another blast coming thru fond du lac area.....

We have about 6 inches right now and it isn't letting up any.

Must have gotten another foot in Fondy. No place to go with snow now. I hope this Sunday isn't a repeat of yesterday.

Must have gotten another foot in Fondy. No place to go with snow now. I hope this Sunday isn't a repeat of yesterday.

I heard today prelim snow fall is 6" up to 13":bang:

I guess I'll be hoping for 6" of snow instead of the latter.

look at it this way it adds to the wallet just put the tow straps in the back and charge 20 bucks a yank

we got about 1/3/4" of rain during that recent event. I am sick of winter:bang:

Fondy got more rain than snow, the lot is a mess. I also have water bubbling up in one corner of our north lot. It's around zero out there. It keeps coming through the ice and the slush is about six inches in a couple spots. It can't be good. We have no buildings or water lines down there. We do have several storm drains down there. We chiseled all of the ice free from them. They are not the water source. To bad whatever the source is happens to be down hill from the road and the storm drains. Nice site plan.

I just got back from Fort Collins Co. I80 through Iowa City had @150 to 200 cars still scattered along the road. Some spots looked like a junk yard cars upside down on top of other cars. Sure glade I missed that mess.

I 80 corridor can be absolutely wicked. I've met some nice people in Nebraska over the years due to the orange gates being closed on that road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom