Dresser Wi. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just thought I would up date you all on my fj40, I've got my suspension in, rear disc brakes, Allum radatior and electric fan, locker in rear, and a ton of misc stuff, did not deal with rust issues due to running out of time before Dresser, Results of dresser, man it was great, the cruiser worked wonderful, only problem I had was the motor flexed enought to hit the fan and broke the plastic fingers that hold the fan to the shroud, One of the ford guys had a spare fan, and with a little magiver thinking we had it mounted in no time, The ford guys broke quite a bit, a bought 8 axles, 12 tie rods, one pinion in the front, That fix took abought 2 hours to fix, If you ever been to dresser you heard of the hill digger, Its an sand up hill, fairly steep and takes lots of horse power, I went up it so fast I was asked if I had nitrious, it was cool, the guy who buildt this motor did a good job, this was the first time my boy has ever wheeled, he's giving up roller coasters, he wants to get a toyota, Later Haas:cheers:

Good to hear on the wheeling.
I had the same problem with my old stocker fan and switched to a non-clutched aluminum unit. Got more clearance, freed up a ton of power and no loss in mpg as I travel freeway speeds about once every 5 years.

aaahhhh...Dresser for Memorial Day....did that once, never again ;)

hit it in August for the MN invitational, much less traffic and much more fun!

Ya, there was a lot of traffic, but if a guy could keep moving it would'nt be so bad, It took us 11 hours to do one trail, mostly do to the ford guys brakeing, I think they've fixed those things before, It would only take them a half an hour to change an axle, The first day those guys did more work then our local ford dealership does in a week, When my buddy asked if they had a fan for my crusier, they must of pulled out about 2 trucks worth of front end parts from there tool kit(one of those behind the cab trunks) and there was four of them and they all had that many parts, when I saw that I new we were in for along day, But it was cool and a good test for my crusier, seeing how when I bought my fj I drove it off the trailer and into the garage and back out and on the trailer, after doing lots of stuff to it.

Agree'd Woody, Memorial weekend is very busy! But still interesting, people watching can always be fun!! We enjoyed Fall Invitational much better, more relaxing!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom