2023 40's Only Run planning thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I live 10 minutes from Jefferson City and Tizer Lakes trail head. Heading to Overland Expo tomorrow. Would love to join you guys, but my 40 is couple of months from completion.

7278A523-E948-4473-839D-AE552AB22884.jpeg

287B97EB-16B1-42EF-A8DF-7150FEEEC627.jpeg

Any interest in camping the night before/after?
I'm guessing a 9:30-10 am meetup will give folks time to head out Saturday morning from all corners of the State. Plan to leave for trailhead at 10. How does that sound for everyone?
The easiest meetup spot is probably the Town Pump in Boulder.

Any interest in camping the night before/after?
I'm guessing a 9:30-10 am meetup will give folks time to head out Saturday morning from all corners of the State. Plan to leave for trailhead at 10. How does that sound for everyone?
The easiest meetup spot is probably the Town Pump in Boulder.
I’m still working out details but if I do make it over there I’m in.

Anyone know the fishing situation?

How gnarly is the trail? I don't mind wheeling my rig a little but I have no desire to do any damage.

Are there decent bypass routes on the harder obstacles?

Reading the trail description has me wondering.

I'm on a 4" lift, open diffs, worn out 33x10.5 M/Ts. Stock drivetrain otherwise.

How gnarly is the trail? I don't mind wheeling my rig a little but I have no desire to do any damage.

Are there decent bypass routes on the harder obstacles?

Reading the trail description has me wondering.

I'm on a 4" lift, open diffs, worn out 33x10.5 M/Ts. Stock drivetrain otherwise.
You'll be fine with that setup. The only hard parts have bypasses. There are trees but plenty wide for a 40.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to this at this point

You'll be fine with that setup. The only hard parts have bypasses. There are trees but plenty wide for a 40.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to this at this point
Thanks!

Anyone know the fishing situation?
The Boulder River just southeast of town is fun. Easy wading, small water. Farther south, it is irrigated (slow, warm) and less access. I'm not sure about the lake situation near Elkhorn and such.

Bumpity Bump. We're just about 2 weeks out.
Who's got their rig in order? Any last minute repairs for the trip? I got a box of brake parts staring at me from the workbench.

Kids have a sports event that weekend now. I won’t make the ride unfortunately.

I'm still planning to be there, I will have to reach out next Wednesday to find someplace to camp. Currently in Austin.

I'm not sure if I am working yet, it is weather dependent

It looks promising that I will be able to make it. Also, I can’t remember is there a spot to park a trailer at the town pump?

It looks promising that I will be able to make it. Also, I can’t remember is there a spot to park a trailer at the town pump?
I think there's plenty of room to park a trailer at the Town Pump. Fairgrounds on the South end of town could be an option too if you don't like Town Pump.

This could end up being a good sized group!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom