406 Cruisers Official Club Summer Schedule and Announcements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The summer is here! I'll try to keep this brief but wanted to get eveyone on the same page for summer events.

First off, our calander has been populated on our 406 Cruisers Website... feel free to check it out for up to date info.

One BIG announcement is at least two 406 Officers are transitioning off of leadership this Fall, our last event we will lead at is our Annual BBQ. Both myself REZARF and Matt 90wt are going to pass the batton to the next lucky few who want to move the club forward. Be thinking of who you'd like to see help direct the club, or bettery yet, if YOU would like to help move the club forward. Current board members are:

Presidnet @REZARF
Vice President: open
Treasurer: @90WT
Secretary: open
Social Media Rep: Open
Land Use Coordinator: @406Camper
General- jack of all trades and doing awesome helping fill in the gaps: @CCRider and @MTsoul
Web nerd: @nohermosa

Due to life changes and other responsiblities a few other board members had to back off of some responsibilities. We would love to have some people think about filling in the gaps. All in all, it isn't a huge commitment. We usually meet the Tuesday after our monthly meeting over a meal or beer to plan out the next few meetings and wrap up any details. I would like to have people consider helping out for 2 years, then let others jump in. It is a great group of 'Yota heads and if you want to help feel free to reach out to me via PM here or give me a call. We would love to add 2-4 people to keep the commitment low and fun factor high!

Trail rides and Meetings!
If you are new-ish, we try to go on at least one official trail ride each month although last minute, spontaneous trips are ALWAYS WELCOMED and ENCOURAGED. We also try to meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month for club business and to hang out. We have an awesome event calendar this summer so don't miss out. Also, pro-tip, we are doing a members only even that you will not want to miss, info will got out to ONLY PAID MEMBERS here soon... it's going to be epic so please make sure you're dues and membership are up to date.

June:
Meeting: June 13th 7pm Dairy Queen (Bozeman on 7th) and gather across the street at Eckroth Music's parking lot. Bring out those Cruisers! Grab an ice cream and hang with other Yota' freinds.
Trail Ride: June 24th Judith/Jellison area more details to follow.
July:
Meeting: SATURDAY JULY 22nd in HELLENA
11:00 am - 4:00 pm Missouri River Brewing Company, 451 Spencer Ct, East Helena, MT 59635, USA. We are gathering up some of our northern Crusier Brethren' and it should be an awesome day. Come on out.
Trail Ride: July 15th Blue Lake*** Snow permitting and bridges permitting. We will prerun this one if possible, we put it on early-ish for a high country run but we are going to give it a shot. We have a plan B if it isn't open or passable.
August:
Meeting: August 8, 2023 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Mark's In & Out, 801 W Park St, Livingston, MT 59047, USA. A fan favorite. Last year we got flooded out, this year we plan on getting over to Livingston for a classic meal and meeting.
Trail Ride: August 12th HELLROARING Plateau (Red Lodge/Cooke City Area) We have all been eyeing this trail and none of us have driven it yet. Come on out, this will be an overnight trip and the Beartooth Moutains never disappoint!

September:
Annual BBQ: September 16, 2023 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Bridger Bowl Parking Area. This will be for PAID and UP TO DATE members ONLY. It's got all the SWAG from last year and is always a good time. We would like to vote in our new leadership team as well.

That is it for now, post up with any questions or comments. Hope to see you soon at a trailride or meeting!

See more details

SCCA event in Helena same day as cruiser club meeting FYI for those who AutoX

@CCRider

Drew you also scheduled the June Run the same weekend as the GAMBLER MT 500 RALLY!

@CCRider

Drew you also scheduled the June Run the same weekend as the GAMBLER MT 500 RALLY!
I think we set all the dates for this year's runs back in February. Sorry for the double booking.

I was up scouting around the Jellison area this weekend. I'm excited to get back up there again for the Club run.

@CCRider

Sounds like you should volunteer for leadership and have some more control over the schedule :bounce:

I'm in for Judith and the Blue Lake run in my 200.

Last intel I got on Blue Lake was it's fairly torn up from the flooding last year. I did hear Magic City 4wheelers was doing some maintenance but I don't know where that's at unfortunately.

I'd love to do Hellroaring with you guys since I know it well and it's my backyard, but I already have tickets to the airshow in Billings for that day so I'll have to miss it. It's a fun run, but pretty short and easy if you have any 4x4. I've seen Subarus up there a few times. It's gotten rougher the last two years but it's still a fairly easy run for stock rigs and doable in an hour or two, one way. Up at the top there's some incredible hiking but you're way high up and the marked trails disappear quickly. I'd suggest tacking on a run to Fantan or Sawtooth Lakes up on the Beartooth Highway. Or you can run the Rock Creek road, but again that's a milk run.

Want to make a couple meetings this year too.

Also I'm paying for membership right now haha

DANG!

We are taking some shots...

Blue Lake is CLOSED with a bridge still out from last years flood through Red Lodge.

Hell Roaring is also CLOSED, same reason.

Our July meeting is supposed to be in Helena for our western brethren... but I am unsure if any of our Club leaders can attend due to some family reasons, work committments etc.

Augusts meeting was gonna be at Mark's In and Out in Livingston... he's CLOSED on Tuesdays.

We are scrambling... gonna still make some awesome plans. Stay tuned.

Drew, where are things for Helena?
I've slacked off after the last post so unsure
Paul

If I recall correctly isn't there a bunch of radioactivity in the area right near there?
nothing to worry about lol
1689097721632.png

UPDATE: Hellroaring is still an easy run but definitely has deteriorated over the last couple years. The lower sections are a lot more rocky than they once were and it's not quite as brainless a drive.

However, about 2/3rds of the way up, the bridge spanning a section of creek is out.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

The bridge is fine, but the road has left.

No getting past this unfortunately. I'm confident it'll be rebuilt but it's a lower priority than other areas that got washed out last year. Too bad, because the drive is gorgeous.

PXL_20230728_174316129.jpg

PXL_20230728_174235907.jpg

PXL_20230728_174249374.jpg

PXL_20230728_175000308.jpg

PXL_20230728_181125925.jpg

I was at Limber Pine campground on Sunday. The new bridge over Rock Creek to get to Hellroaring is built, but closed from 8am to 5pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom