White-Single Stage Paint? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It appears to be single stage. As in no clear coat. Does anyone know if this is correct? I hope so. It could use a cut and buff.

Almost all of the LC's came with a two stage paint.

You should have a clear coat under the grime. Try a small area where you could see like the center of the roof and cut, clean and wax it. Unless its a repaint you should see a major difference.

Edit:
{045 white} single stage

Last edited:
My 1996 white (color code 045) FZJ-80 came from the factory as single stage, no clear coat.

My 1996 white (color code 045) FZJ-80 came from the factory as single stage, no clear coat.

2x- paint code 045 = single stage toyota white - no clear

This is how it was painted at the factory.
045.JPG

Last edited:
I miss my single stage white 60..... looked hard for the same in an 80- but they are rare in NE..

2x- paint code 045 = single stage toyota white - no clear

This is how it was painted at the factory.

Sure clears up why I don't see any clearcoat, anywhere on mine. Did not know this, thanks!

It needs a buff, badly too.

Thats what it looked like. I will check my code today when I get home. I hope it is. You can bring a single stage back to new if you know what you are doing.;)I passed on a few 80s due to clear coat issues. One I really liked. I had planned on a rattle can Sahara tan job. Those flat tan jobs just look bad ass to me.:p

Reviving an 11 year old post. Same topic with a twist.
I recently replaced the rockers on my 96 which has 045 single stage white paint. Problem is that i can't find anywhere that sells it. Every auto paint outlet i have contacted sell 045 base coat which needs a clear applied. I even took a punt on a duplicolor rattlecan but it is also a base coat.
Anyone know where i can get some single stage paint or is that a thing of the past these days?

FWIW I had the area around the windshield painted using single stage 045 white (?BASF), no clear coat, while the glass was out maybe 10+ years ago. Color still matches but it's more glossly than the original paint next to it although I haven't polished the vehicle since that time. Not sure what type of paint they used however.

I would assume the correct paint is still available, try another paint shop??

It appears to be single stage. As in no clear coat. Does anyone know if this is correct? I hope so. It could use a cut and buff.
White 045 colour code is non-clear coated. That's the 'standard' colour as far as I can tell.

Reviving an 11 year old post. Same topic with a twist.
I recently replaced the rockers on my 96 which has 045 single stage white paint. Problem is that i can't find anywhere that sells it. Every auto paint outlet i have contacted sell 045 base coat which needs a clear applied. I even took a punt on a duplicolor rattlecan but it is also a base coat.
Anyone know where i can get some single stage paint or is that a thing of the past these days?
I can get 045 aerosols single-pack from BCS Auto Paints here (in Sydney). I've used it - doesn't give gloss finish but is somewhere between matte and gloss. I don't really care with my 80 being 31 years old. Definitely requires a primer though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom