Door Stop making noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Driver's door stop is making a bit of noise and is not smooth.

Are these easy to replace?

They unbolt pretty easy for replacement. You could try using some lubrication in there to see if it makes it better. I had one making some noise and gave some dry lube a shot. the past 4 months or so have been nice and silent.

They unbolt pretty easy for replacement. You could try using some lubrication in there to see if it makes it better. I had one making some noise and gave some dry lube a shot. the past 4 months or so have been nice and silent.

I shot it with some Silicone Spray today. It's clicking and I can feel it click with my fingers on it. As well as seeing the mount on the frame kinda vibrate when it clicks. I don't see any part of it broken.

I shot it with some Silicone Spray today. It's clicking and I can feel it click with my fingers on it. As well as seeing the mount on the frame kinda vibrate when it clicks. I don't see any part of it broken.

if it is hanging up at all, change it out, it has been a few years but there were reports in the tech section about the doors being broken from limitors being stiff.

if it is hanging up at all, change it out, it has been a few years but there were reports in the tech section about the doors being broken from limitors being stiff.
Are they hard to change out?

Remove door card, remove speaker, reach in and up to grab it to remove. Don't remember if the nuts are on the inside or outside but you get the idea. Easy

Make sure you install in the correct orientation or window brakage can occur from contact with glass.

Remove door card, remove speaker, reach in and up to grab it to remove. Don't remember if the nuts are on the inside or outside but you get the idea. Easy

Now I remember, the door card removal must have stopped me before. Thanx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom