What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@kelly saad is an artiste!!!

Screenshot_20230601-133736.png
Screenshot_20230601-133704.png
Screenshot_20230601-133648.png

Preparing for this years GSMTR I finally got a fridge/freezer after years of wanting one

B3DA917E-6193-4B7F-8CEA-2FAF54AA9FE9.jpeg

Pulled the head on my 87 2f. It didn't overheat, just puked steam and was shut down within seconds thanks to @Mesa Woman 's quick reaction! It needed new valve guides anyway.

20230604_131350.jpg

20230604_131412.jpg

20230604_131918.jpg

20230604_143346.jpg

I learned this weekend how damned convenient it is to do a gravity bleed on your brakes when all you're doing is flushing new fluid through; just takes a while. So I got that done and adjusted my valves (which I HATE doing because it slaughters my hands and it's a serious PITA to keep the gasket in place on the valve cover when you fight to put it back).

Weird thing is most of my valves were WAY too tight this time around. I had to back them way out to get them dialed in. Typically if I adjust on a cold engine in cooler weather I add 0.002" to the settings, or if it's 80 or above I'll add 0.001". Today on a cold engine (80 degrees outside) I couldn't even get the normal hot engine feelers under the rockers. Seems weird that they got tighter as the components wore over three years since I last did the valves (using cool weather numbers then since it was early spring).

All good now though....

I drove up the mountain to set out some trail cams and deer blocks in the woods. While I was hiking it stormed and dumped an inch View attachment 3338846View attachment 3338847View attachment 3338848of mushy hail on my truck. Turned out it was a good time to test my lift-gate window defroster and wipers. Both work and I should thank ToyotaMatt for the wiper switch...maybe the defroster switch too? Sorry to the dog hair on the dash...it isn't cracked!
Is that the road to Fenton lake?

How do the brakes feel?
I'm never good with brake 'feel' questions but definitely a significant improvement compared to a (presumably tired) stock booster.

It's not quite as good as I need it to be (Aussie regulations) but it's very close and it was well off with the stock booster.

while camping with friends, our cruiser typically ends up as kitchen central during dinner prep, and then later it becomes cocktail party central after dinner. hence - 5+ years of that and the carpet on the tailgate was pretty gross.

so - why not turn it into a functional cutting board surface? I ordered a custom sized chunk of Richlite and then used a trim router to follow the pattern of the old cardboard and made an epicurean cutting board for the tailgate.

70682681157__BBDBB71B-4C1C-430E-8013-D7A9C5667A5B.jpeg

IMG_1758.jpeg

@Paul DiNapoli Any detail on your mounting hardware? Stainless tek screw?
yeah - stainless sheet metal screws for now.

i had visions of using a forstner bit to make little recesses in the cutting board for stylish button head screws, or maybe allen head nuts, but my wife suggested those will just get impacted with food / sand / dirt. so i kept it simple and just pre-drilled small holes for sheet metal screws and secured it down that way.

also - the richlite cutting board material i ordered was only 1/4" thick - so I didnt think i'd have that much meat in the material to hog out with a forstner bit before simply going all the way through.

if you look a the back side of the old door card - there's a ton of holes you could use:
1686331747917.png

another idea I had was to maybe use rivet nuts in the holes that are already present for the plastic door panel clips...but those holes are pretty large diameter so that's an issue too.

stainless sheet metal screws made it quick and easy.

here's the details on the cutting board material I ordered:

1/4" Thick BLACK Richlite Custom Cutting Board​

Quantity: 1
Price: $135.20

Short Side:

and Short Side Fraction:

Long Side:

and Long Side Fraction:

Edge Style:

Corner Style:

Juice Groove?:

0/16