SOLD Portland, OR 1983 FJ60 - Running Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
1983 FJ60 asking $8500 for a Mud member.

Running project with lots of potential. Drive it while you get it dialed in.

Picked this up last year and realized pretty quickly that family is more important than a second Cruiser in the driveway!

Clean OR Title, currently registered in Multnomah County

De-smoged 2F. Great compression.

Still has functional upgraded cat and smog pump.

Rebuilt dizzy. New cap.
New plugs. NKG
New oem Valve cover gasket.
New oem oil pan gasket.
New oem thermostat.
Upgraded modern GM charcoal canister.
New air and oil filters. OEM
New fuel filter, lines and oem fuel pickup. Tank was replaced in recall 10 years ago.
New upper and lower rad hoses. System flushed and refilled.
New fan clutch
New rear markers and tail lights.

HFS 2.5” lift with upgraded leaf springs, shocks and shackles. Plenty of room for 33's.
Recent 31” x 12” tires on aftermarket alloys. Comes with extra set of 60 series steelies on garbage tires.

Rebuilt carb with all Japanese parts. Proper desmog, to mimic a non US market 2F carb with removal of the idle up stuff, etc. Everything removed is in the box of spares.
New EOM front engine oil seals and a 3 groove harmonic balancer in better shape than the original.
AC needs a recharge, but system is complete.

Needs output seals on the transfer case replaced. New OEM seals are in the box of parts.

New carpet kit, just installed.

New headliner, not installed. Still in the packaging. The bows are all still in the right locations. I just never had the time to do it the right way with windshield and rear glass out.

Nice SOR front seat covers. Typical rip in side of driver’s seat bolster. Rear bench is clean.

Boxes of spares and lots smog equipment that was removed.
Copy of manual and some historical documentation.

Needs more rust repair to rear quarters and some small roof holes. The rear quarters are toast. Lots of s***ty fixes in the past.
I have my name on a list for some newly reopened mold Gozzard fiberglass repair panels/thin fender flares that I can pass along.

Freeborn Red but repainted a slightly more tomato red at some point. 6/10 paint job but it cleans up fine.

Rear interior panels were rotten when I bought it and I had planed on building new ones. Has factory rear shoulder belts.

Randomly the rear hatch was replaced at some point. The same idiots qualified body work technicians who mangled the quarters welded up the holes for the rear wiper.
I do have a rear wiper assembly.

Body mounts are fine. No A pillar rust. Some pin holes in the rockers. Rear crossmember is fine. The rear c- channel has buldging layers but nothing terrible.

Parking brake bell cranks are crap. Never got around to that.

A few small scuffs and little dents here and there but still a great example of a 60 series.
I know I’ll regret not keeping this one, but life is just too busy to keep up with it.

I've had a couple of 60's over the years and have wrenched on a bunch and this one is worth saving in my opinion.
Happy to talk specifics but its a well running project and is best suited for enthusiasts so I really prefer to sell on Mud.

Happy to send along all the photos I have in a link.

Located in Portland OR.

-Jonathan

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom