For Sale ND: 1970 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Outside Link
https://www.instagram.com/springgreenpatina/
Well, never expected this. Wife lost her job and car #4 has to go. I haven't even driven it 200 miles.

July 1969 build date. I bought it back in November off the boards here. Great seller who kept this at his cabin on the western side of the Sierra's (dry!). He had it for 21 or 22 years? When he got it, it had just been repainted the factory color (Spring Green) so he reassembled the rest of it and then used it for the next couple decades.

Its a great truck and I thought I would keep it for a long time, but circumstances changed. I have started the process with BaT knowing that takes at least 4 weeks. If it sells here first, awesome.

I think the odometer is broken - haven't driven enough to say.

Here's what I have done to it:
New Dobinsons suspension, bushing and alignment
Holley sniper installed. Amazing how well this works. I haven't gotten the stock air cleaner to fit yet, but it will be included for the next guy
New rims from Racer City
Tires as recommended by @wngrog
New clutch slave and master
New clutch kit and rear main seal
New gear reduction starter
New upholstery and foam
I have a box of new parts still in the bags. Probably 40lbs worth and $3k. When I bought this I just started buying stuff from City Racer/Cruiser Corp/etc. Then it arrived and the PO had boxes of parts too.

I plan to follow the Preserving Patina link in the next few weeks. I have all the products for it

Instagram is @SpringGreenPatina if you want some more pics.

More to come, thanks all

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom