What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

installed the Autohome Columbus rtt (i used plasti spray to make it back as my LX color), Gobi ladder, and first try out at the beach :)

IMG_4543.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4541.jpeg

ClassyJalopy, i use the SSP1 from this:
with a queen-size 3-inch tempur mattress topper.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the exact size of the bolts that hold the rear sway bar bushing to the axle? Part #90119-08834. I can’t find the info anywhere.

TIA!

I put on a few more "trust miles" after chasing an intermittent P0305 cylinder 5 misfire with full on limp mode for months

It would rear its ugly head only when the temps were sub zero, which is a problem in Wisconsin.

I think it is fixed now. Here is what I did

-changed the plugs
-oil change, air filter, fixed intake nipple nub vacuum leak where I broke it
-changed the #5 coil with one direct from Toyota (still got intermittent code)
-changed the coils surrounding #5 (went Denso for these), possibly 262k on them, cracked tubes
-cleaned every connector and sensor I thought might be a contributor
-Did 1/3 of the "big three" electrical upgrade, upgraded battery ground only-gained .2v at idle and .3v ish highway
-Washed it and a quick spray detailer- picked up .01 horsepower

poser pic from fall before it got real cold here

View attachment 1929471
Did your P0305 stay gone? I’m having this issue now. New plugs, changed coil, swapped injector with cylinder 3, still getting code.

Did your P0305 stay gone? I’m having this issue now. New plugs, changed coil, swapped injector with cylinder 3, still getting code.
That seems forever ago, but I ended up changing all the coils and I believe I also found a 2 or 3 wire harness getting rubbed by the serp belt. I must have routed it incorrectly during timing belt change 2 years earlier. code has been gone ever since.

Does anyone know the exact size of the bolts that hold the rear sway bar bushing to the axle? Part #90119-08834. I can’t find the info anywhere.

TIA!

Since you asked....

I fitted a 2 metre x 1.4 metre Rola Titan roof tray to my existing Rhino roof bars. If Rola made a slightly longer tray I would have preferred that. Sea freight for a fully made up Rhino Pioneer tray was several hundred dollars and a month's delay, so that's why I chose the flat packed Rola (as if fitted in a freight aircraft).

I also fitted LED lamps to the interior courtesy lights. What an amazing difference..... but have spent an hour trying to find the faulty door switch for the cargo door. I will have another look now that I have read the wiring diagram

Next will be LED lightbar brackets front and rear of the rooftray and a new set of diesel injectors.

View attachment 2740410

How do you rate the roof rack?
Why did you go for the 1400 and not the 1200mm width?

Installed a TJM bumper this weekend. It was reasonably straightforward, and most of the issues I had came from the factory mounting plates on the front of the frame rails having been squished in an accident sometime in the past 21 years. The carfax report didn’t show any front end damage, but it wasn’t a real surprise. Some hammering and prying got them a little closer to square, and I managed to get all 6 bolts installed for each mounting bracket. The bolt on a stick bolts totally sucked, but I managed to get them where they belonged. The instructions were less than ideal, thankfully there were a couple of videos on YouTube that helped. Both headlight surrounds cracked during removal. In the end it came out ok, although a bit of an awkward gap shows between bumper and body on the top of the passenger side. It is what it is.

My blinker is now flashing at double speed, I guess the system doesn’t like the TJM LEDs. If I solder in a 5 ohm resistor will that get it working normally?

Overall happy with the look, I was going for something that would look like stock at a glance.

Where'd you get the TJM from? I see you're in CA, they make these down in San Diego but everywhere I look wants to slap $300 on for freight.

Didn't do any major trails this trip out west. Ouray Colorado and then got really lucky--at the end of one of our favorite trails around Colorado Springs which overlooks the Air Force Academy, the Thunderbirds started practicing for the graduation ceremonies the next day. Sorry for the portrait orientation videos.

Just switched from 35's to 33's since I needed a new set of tires. Went from Nitto Grapplers to KO2's. Sits a little lower but the daily driving feels a lot better and no rubbing so far! The 35's needed replaced due to dry rot.
Did you go with the 275/70R18s or simmering wider? I have the 275s a love them. Just took a trip from SC to TN/KY/IL to MO/KS, and then Back through MO to TN/l and then through GA on our way home to SC and it ride great!

The continuous center rib on the Toyo AT/II made it a little smoother on pavement but the KO2 has better off road traction, hands down!

My LX came without the mount covers and it looked crappy with the original roof rack so I decided to delete it. I replaced the factory bolts with 8M x 1.25 x 35 bolts. I cut some 20 ga. sheet metal 1 in. wide and drilled the holes to match the original pattern for my own homemade covers. I’ll paint them black tomorrow and install them when them dry with some all-weather silicone sealant. They won’t be perfect but they’ll work until my son gets his welder to make a custom rack.

Also, I wired up the 500 watt pure sine wave inverter so I can blow up my air mattress and recharge my battery for the cordless impact driver.

I took the visor off and leaned against a wall with the bracket facing up. Then I simply sprayed Armor-All in where the rod goes into the visor. Did that on and off for a few minutes to let it soak while moving the bracket in and out. Still no creaks up to date.
The search function rules!

Found this post, used some silicon based spray on the arms, worked them in and out just as Lex did, now they're quiet - like new!

Back from the body shop. Rust repair and windshield replacment.
20230603_135839.jpg
20230603_134100.jpg
20230603_134029.jpg
20230501_120049.jpg
20230501_115932.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom