Rear backing plates? Any other model close enough to modify? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I need backing plates, but don't want to spend $550 each for used ones. 😲

I know they are discontinued, and see various threads on deleting them, but has anyone tried to fabricate a replacement?

Or, what's the go to for a substitute parking brake?

1994 with lockers.
Thanks.

Another alternative is if i am ditching the drum Park brake anyway, move the 4 piston front brakes to the rear and then upgrade the front.

Are there any threads on that?

I have new reproductions for full float rears and ebrake.

Jason

1685653873962.png

Well, there goes my beer money for the month...

..come one now, I've got kids to feed

Country of manufacture?

Change to the rear disk brake setup.

I assume these are designed by you, manufactured off-shore? Or are they just facsimiles outsourced manufacturing?

These are exact relicas of the OEM Toyota and same material thickness per component, reverse engineered. Made by my supplier in Taiwan. Held within .005" tolerances like all my other machined parts for my 80 axles.

USMCA stamp shops wanted $4 to 6K per stamp x 4 to start and a 1-2500 piece minimum run. My shop asking for tooling and material fees.

I've installed 7 sets on my coil conversion swaps. Direct bolt up. Georg has taken a few sets and I've sold another 10 sets with no issues reported.

I had a new in box set that I donated for 3D scanning.

Jason
TT

Man I have so many bare housings sitting around I sold the backing plates off of. Going to kill my money maker with those knock offs 🤣

Mine are So Coated in Fluid Film they wouldn't rust if I parked in the Ocean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom