For Sale BAT - no reserve project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Bring A Trailer has a No Reserve 1973 Fj40 project for sale. Location is Yukon, OK. Not mine.

They must be a little desperate for inventory?

I heard they were trying to open up a collectable projects section so to speak as their market research showed no one else was in the space of selling project vehicles that matched their finished inventory .

Ironic as it is named bring a trailer, and used to have project cars in the beginning, but why sell 10,000 cars when you can cater to the six figure crowd and make millions in commission!

Sometimes the selection there reminds me of a used car lot. They’ll have common, recent model year vehicles with car fax dings.
I’m guessing the economic slow down and increase in competitor sites doing similar they are trying to find new ways to make money.

I tried to post my vehicle on BAT recently and they told me that in thier "market research" vehicles were going for cheaper than the reserve I wanted. When in fact how I settled on the price was based on the prices of vehicles that had recently sold on BaT. They definitely want to make their commissions and need the low reserve to ensure a sale.

I tried to post my vehicle on BAT recently and they told me that in thier "market research" vehicles were going for cheaper than the reserve I wanted. When in fact how I settled on the price was based on the prices of vehicles that had recently sold on BaT. They definitely want to make their commissions and need the low reserve to ensure a sale.

Well sometimes expectations don’t meet reality.

Your reality is probably far different than another person's reality. It's always humorous on BaT or even here when people gripe or moan about the cost/price of something. Their reality changes fast though when they are the one's selling.

Your reality is probably far different than another person's reality. It's always humorous on BaT or even here when people gripe or moan about the cost/price of something. Their reality changes fast though when they are the one's selling.

I’ve never not sold something I intended to for the price I had in mind.

I’ve never not sold something I intended to for the price I had in mind.
Perfect.....awesome. Then you waited for the right buyer to buy your "product" and the price you had in mind. But probably didn't listen to the 20 people that argued or grumbled that they didn't like your price. And if they did, I'm pretty sure you told them to pack sand. I think paying 200 grand for an ICON Bronco is insane, but I also don't tell Jonathan Ward that his expectations are incorrect, simply because i don't like the market. The market will always dictate what is appropriate, not expectations.

Perfect.....awesome. Then you waited for the right buyer to buy your "product" and the price you had in mind. But probably didn't listen to the 20 people that argued or grumbled that they didn't like your price. And if they did, I'm pretty sure you told them to pack sand. I think paying 200 grand for an ICON Bronco is insane, but I also don't tell Jonathan Ward that his expectations are incorrect, simply because i don't like the market. The market will always dictate what is appropriate, not expectations.

Not really a fair comparison with the potential buyers. I’ll never view these as investments.

I heard they were trying to open up a collectable projects section so to speak as their market research showed no one else was in the space of selling project vehicles that matched their finished inventory .
A literal bring a trailer section. Reverting back to their roots.

Not really a fair comparison with the potential buyers. I’ll never view these as investments.
Buyers are buyers.....at each and every price point. I agree though, I don't see these as investments per se and don't see them as asset. But I do think that, as we get older along with these vehicles, that the rarity of the "original" ones should increase in price. Hence the US Spec 83. One's that have been pieced out and then re'created in their owners eye's....well, again, they are worth what someone will pay for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom