For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

Thinking about selling my built 1996 TRD Super Charged Cruiser that is triple locked. Has 150k on it with stacks of maintenance receipts. No rust. What do you all think I should ask?View attachment 3336011
What does "built" mean in this case? I think we might have different definitions.

What does "built" mean in this case? I think we might have different definitions.
4:88 gears
Full internal cage
ARB Front bumper w/ Warn 12K winch and winch rope
Kaymar Rear Bumper with Full Size matching spare and jerry can
Remote Reservoir Bilstein's
Australian front link arms
Nitrogen Air Tank
Aluminum Radiator
Cross drilled and slotted rotors
Snorkel

I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of things but that is just off the top of my head. Also, a 80 series load of extra parts.

Thinking about selling my built 1996 TRD Super Charged Cruiser that is triple locked. Has 150k on it with stacks of maintenance receipts. No rust. What do you all think I should ask?View attachment 3336011
Depends on the obvious. We always ask for the same things. So provided all those things are good to go, then you should ask a lot. People will give you crap about your snorkel, but I doubt it’ll harm your bottom line much. I’m betting $30k if you try to sell it on the streets. Probably more if it’s sorted and you sell it on BAT

Motor.jpg

Depends on the obvious. We always ask for the same things. So provided all those things are good to go, then you should ask a lot. People will give you crap about your snorkel, but I doubt it’ll harm your bottom line much. I’m betting $30k if you try to sell it on the streets. Probably more if it’s sorted and you sell it on BAT
Thanks for the constructive feedback!

I would say $30k and up depending on condition , the SC seems to be a love hate thing, just saw the cage thing .. that will hurt value unless it is an awesome job

I would say $30k and up depending on condition , the SC seems to be a love hate thing, just saw the cage thing .. that will hurt value unless it is an awesome job
Yeah, I'd imagine around the same number. Clean, low miles and a SC (assuming everything works) would be ~30k.

I'd also agree that an internal cage and the funky step sliders will hurt resale.

4:88 gears
Full internal cage
ARB Front bumper w/ Warn 12K winch and winch rope
Kaymar Rear Bumper with Full Size matching spare and jerry can
Remote Reservoir Bilstein's
Australian front link arms
Nitrogen Air Tank
Aluminum Radiator
Cross drilled and slotted rotors
Snorkel

I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of things but that is just off the top of my head. Also, a 80 series load of extra parts.
I’d like more info. I sent you a message. Thanks.

As someone in the market for exactly this right now, shooting from the hip I’d also say ~$30k USD, but that also depends heavily on the stuff we can’t see.

Are the sliders welded on? Would love to see interior, undercarriage, usual rust spots, yada yada.

What kind of MPG do you get with the SC?

I will be selling my 92 HDJ81 with a 1-HDT and 190km. Champaign over brown suede, Center locked, ~3in lift, 33s, snorkel, center console ice box

Exterior: 6/10
Interior: 6/10
Ac not working but working on a permanent fix

new alternator, water pump, timing belt. Recently had the front knuckles repacked

Clean TX title

Any ideas about what I should be asking?

I will be selling my 92 HDJ81 with a 1-HDT and 190km. Champaign over brown suede, Center locked, ~3in lift, 33s, snorkel, center console ice box

Exterior: 6/10
Interior: 6/10
Ac not working but working on a permanent fix

new alternator, water pump, timing belt. Recently had the front knuckles repacked

Clean TX title

Any ideas about what I should be asking?
Not seeing the engine bay, how crusty those rubber hoses are or the condition of the interior, I’d go with 17k-19k.

Some folks won’t go for that snorkel. Either you have the buyer who will just Sunday cruise with it or will go full on B-A Barachus on building it up and need some good bones

I’d be wary of “built” 80s. They could have been thrashed off road for thousands of kms and have all sorts of cracks in the chassis and body. These things are tough but not indestructible. I’d rather go for a stock pavement princess, but that’s just me.

Disagree.

A built Cruiser is likely to have been taken care of. Knuckle job, good brakes, engine leaks gone and much more. Not to mention all the money you can save on buying upgrades if they are already on a Cruiser. Seat will probably be fixed, carpet replaced and much more.

You buy a stocker that has been a bunch of peoples daily driver, kids and dogs raised in it, you best expect $10+k to baseline it. Interior may also be disgusting.

I always say judge the Cruiser. There are examples of stockers in good shape that have only changed hands a few times. There are also built Cruisers that are trashed.

A buyer should always educate themselves before purchasing. Best to inspect in person, yourself. The folks that don’t do this or don’t get a 3rd party PPI are most often the ones who end up with a mess of a Cruiser.

Cheers

Disagree.

A built Cruiser is likely to have been taken care of. Knuckle job, good brakes, engine leaks gone and much more. Not to mention all the money you can save on buying upgrades if they are already on a Cruiser. Seat will probably be fixed, carpet replaced and much more.

You buy a stocker that has been a bunch of peoples daily driver, kids and dogs raised in it, you best expect $10+k to baseline it. Interior may also be disgusting.

I always say judge the Cruiser. There are examples of stockers in good shape that have only changed hands a few times. There are also built Cruisers that are trashed.

A buyer should always educate themselves before purchasing. Best to inspect in person, yourself. The folks that don’t do this or don’t get a 3rd party PPI are most often the ones who end up with a mess of a Cruiser.

Cheers
That's a good point. In fact, my 97 was bone stock, but had been some lady's beater for the last 5 years or so, and she'd been kicking a lot of TLC down the road, and the interior was worn out and gross, just like you said. I suppose for me the ideal Cruiser would be stock or near-stock and diligently maintained. 33s and a mild lift would be the sweet spot for me.

This 220k mile 3FE powered 91 just sold for $20,000 not including fees.

Guys.....help me come up with a reasonable number please. Thread got locked but pics and desc are at the top of page 3 post #42:

Thank you sincerely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom