For Sale SO CAL: 1988 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
San Juan Capistrano, California United States
Mileage
Color
rgb(108, 104, 104)
Outside Link
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/san-juan-capistrano-1988-fj62/7666475360.html
Time to sell my baby. 1988 FJ62. Ive built this rig up over the course of about 10 years now. She is ready now for a good home that can continue loving her as I have. Very light off roading on hard packed desert but nothing crazy. Total surf mobile and head turning grocery getter.

Getting the ball rolling on selling it and showing it. It will be ready to roll off my drive way the beginning of June as I need it till then. Pink slip in hand.

Asking $40k OBO - located in San Juan Capistrano California. Shipping/transport is fine as long as you arrange it all of course.

She runs like a top. Starts right up every time. She likes a little warm up before heading out like any good woman. Nothing to ever complain about with her since rebuilding the head and adding the H55f…the absolute best version of herself shes ever been. I battled the auto for years and years.

Here are most of the details, repairs upgrade etc.

Cosmetics and body:

Yes it’s a FJ62 but I swapped the front end with an FJ60 radiator support and eyeballs. LED headlights from City Racer.

Fresh two tone paint - Painted by me using single stage paint from Eastwood. Its not perfect. Some very minor imperfections in tape lines here and there but looks epic!

Rust zits tend to make their way back on the drip rail area every 4 years or so and I battle them. This is her 2nd paint job and rust battle now. Just good for the new owner to know to keep an eye on.

Custom upholstered door cards. Super unique and all done by me.

brand new seat covers from Cruiser Corps front and back

Newer grey plush carpet from OC auto carpets

Newer headliner from SOR. Unfortunate small hole in cargo area created by a surfboard fin. Not terrible but pisses me off. It was not easy to install that thing.

Newer dash cap. Custom center console with matching armrest.

33" BF Mud terrains on grey Vintique steelies. Both put on late last year. Spacers on front and rear from trail gear. Torque has be checked 3 times since installing. No issues.

Fully functioning snorkel.

New ARB bumper with ARB lamps with amber bulbs. Functioning. ARB bumper marker lights never hooked up. I have a brand new winch from HF that comes with the deal - not installed. I have the stock bumper as well.

Roof rack from Mike at Stanceworks epic FJ60 build.

Rack mounted off-road jack

Newish bluetooth deck and speakers throughout.

Rear shoulder belts installed from an old corolla

Functional upgrades and replacements over the years.

H55f 5 speed conversion

New e brake cable

OME Suspension and lift. 2” with medium weight kit front and rear. OME stabilizer.

Head rebuilt with OEM gaskets and all new head bolts.

Fuel injectors all tuned up from WitcHunter

New OEM belts

New OEM alternator

New OEM Waterpump and all the fun stuff that goes with it

Yellow top battery

Magna Flow exhaust

2 new cats (passes smog with ease)

Mishimoto aluminum radiator

New/modern A/C parts installed. AC blows nice and cold. New resistor and blower.

New windshield and seal

New modern starter

Rebuilt steering box

New OEM oil pan with OEM cork gasket

Brand new hubs on front wheels.

Birfs rebuilt 2 years ago. One has a small leak still. Will need attention eventually.

New brake booster and MC

New silicone air hoses throughout.

Several water hoses replaced over the years.

Things to take note of.
Leaks a drop or two of oil from time to time. Coming from the front seal it looks like. Still is never low on oil.

One heater hose towards the heater valve has a tiny coolant leak. Just needs a new hose. Have no time to do it. Still is never low on coolant but when it drips it lands on the head and burns and you can smell it. Bugs me a little.

Aftermarket fixed antenna. Which is great. But the power antenna button does nothing now of course.

No rear windshield wiper. Came off during paint job number one and never was found again. Motor still works I think.

Power windows all work but are slow.

Power locks never worked since Ive owned it. The actuators aren’t even in the doors.

Rear washer no bueno. Bag has long been removed.

If I think of anything else I will make and edit. But think thats about it.

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 9.37.54 PM.png

E2A2CB18-9044-4FA0-A5D3-97F98D73AF74_1_105_c.jpeg

B75D5CC0-780E-41B6-8A6F-432FB88AC8D3_1_105_c.jpeg

0D8B498F-085B-4D12-ACE7-22A09CA0808D_1_105_c.jpeg

58AC1B4A-593F-4830-B50F-68EF53AD0656_1_105_c.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom