Rubber Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CRUISERMHK

SILVER Star
Threads
In the process of a 60 body off restoration/"resurrection" . I was wondering what the best source to find rubber parts. Things like door seals, window seal, grommets, hood bumpers etc. OEM preferred but any aftermarket that works also.

Thanks all,
Robin

In the process of a 60 body off restoration/"resurrection" . I was wondering what the best source to find rubber parts. Things like door seals, window seal, grommets, hood bumpers etc. OEM preferred but any aftermarket that works also.

Thanks all,
Robin
I've gotten a lot of that OEM from my favorite online Toyota dealership parts dept (Lewis in Topeka). CityRacer has also come through on a lot of parts you can no longer get from Toyota. For all the non-OEM door selas, hood gaskets, etc think you can get same aftermarket brand everyone else sells from Rock Auto.

I use a link to my specific vehicle on https://partsouq.com/ to find my part numbers and paste into Toyota dealer to check if available.

Summit sells Presicion seals. I bought all three for tail gate from them. 100% quality and fitment.
Rock Auto sells the same but cheaper.

I've gotten a lot of that OEM from my favorite online Toyota dealership parts dept (Lewis in Topeka). CityRacer has also come through on a lot of parts you can no longer get from Toyota. For all the non-OEM door selas, hood gaskets, etc think you can get same aftermarket brand everyone else sells from Rock Auto.

I use a link to my specific vehicle on https://partsouq.com/ to find my part numbers and paste into Toyota dealer to check if available.
I logged-on the Lewis (parts) website, but LANDCRUISER parts availability were limited back to 1991. Do on need a secret password or maybe a direct phone call?
Anyone in particular familiar with LANDCRUISER nomenclature?

I logged-on the Lewis (parts) website, but LANDCRUISER parts availability were limited back to 1991. Do on need a secret password or maybe a direct phone call?
Anyone in particular familiar with LANDCRUISER nomenclature?
Welcome to the new online dealer Toyota parts system! You can still pull up parts for pre-1991 if you know the number and they are available but no more diagrams and verification of fit. Also a lot of parts I had planned to buy were missing. Emailed the parts manager at Lewis and he got them added to the system for me. Seems majority of dealers are using this now. URL changed from "parts." to "autoparts.". Sucks.

Welcome to the new online dealer Toyota parts system! You can still pull up parts for pre-1991 if you know the number and they are available but no more diagrams and verification of fit. Also a lot of parts I had planned to buy were missing. Emailed the parts manager at Lewis and he got them added to the system for me. Seems majority of dealers are using this now. URL changed from "parts." to "autoparts.". Sucks.

There are many venders that support this site and sponsor TLCA events that you might enjoy that would be glad to help you with parts. Have you considered using one of them?

There are many venders that support this site and sponsor TLCA events that you might enjoy that would be glad to help you with parts. Have you considered using one of them?
Believe me, after 35 years of ownership, my “parts availability” library is extensive. However, whenever I hear of a Toyota dealer, in of all places Topeka, Ks. (the heartland of the country), I explore further...no matter what the chances of success. Sometimes, although becoming less & less & less frequent, you may hit upon a tucked away and undocumented out of site domestic, dusty NOS-OEM slice of history...just the joy of driving a reliable and well maintained cultural artifact.

Believe me, after 35 years of ownership, my “parts availability” library is extensive. However, whenever I hear of a Toyota dealer, in of all places Topeka, Ks. (the heartland of the country), I explore further...no matter what the chances of success. Sometimes, although becoming less & less & less frequent, you may hit upon a tucked away and undocumented out of site domestic, dusty NOS-OEM slice of history...just the joy of driving a reliable and well maintained cultural artifact.

Car dealerships don't stash away oddball old parts. It's not 1950.

My point was a lot of people complain about websites not offering correct or any parts information when there are many Cruiser venders that would be HAPPY to help them for barely any margin.

I have purchased from many of these vendors and will continue to do so. But often what I am ordering are not parts they stock (little bumpers for the center console lid, bolts for air cleaner assembly, spacers for air flow meter gasket, etc). And when it comes to OEM parts still available I don’t see why ordering direct from Toyota wouldn’t be the best route.

Car dealerships don't stash away oddball old parts. It's not 1950.

My point was a lot of people complain about websites not offering correct or any parts information when there are many Cruiser venders that would be HAPPY to help them for barely any margin.
I think we agree…to agree. By the way, 1950 was a very good year!

The parts list on this website goes back into the 1980's - I bought a bunch of hard-to-find odds and ends from them:

Parts diagrams can be found here:
https://partsouq.com/ (search by VIN)

Toyota parts deal won’t tell you if the item is actually in stock. I ordered some parts that showed available on the website but when they didn’t show up I had to call and inquire. Lady tells me they didn’t ship and had no eta on them. No communication to this effect from them. I’ve been using local dealer that has a sharp parts guy and after you pay shipping from online parts vs. free for local.. it’s basically a wash. I also like the fluffy idea of putting my money back into the local economy. More expensive part orders may get more of a discount from shopping the web and probably worth while…..

FYI partsouq has the best diagrams and website interface IMO. I get part numbers easily from them and then cross check other dealers.

Cruiser outfitters is a great resource as well.. although you will pay a fairly high premium for the quick and knowledgeable service.

Just my experiences

Thanks all,
Robin
Here's a rubber part you didn't know you needed. Stop the endlessly annoying rear seat rattle: seat bumpers. To be clear I make those.

I'm also ALWAYS open to taking requests for new products to manufacture - primarily rubber or electrical related, but anything else too. Like @cruisermatt said the aftermarket has really stepped in as Toyota steps out. Yes, you can get a lot of OEM parts still and that's great, but for discontinued or upgrade parts look for the multitude of venders big and small. Mud even has a vendor forum for the big dogs and another one for the smaller folks like myself. Off the top of my head @red66toy @ChaserFJ60 @ToyotaMatt @cruisermatt @Coolerman @Engineer8000 are all doing/making things to keep our trucks on the road. You've also got Cruiser Outfitters, Man-a-fre, Valley Hybrids, City Racer, Classic Cruisers, 4Plus Products, Trail Tailor, and other long-running operations helping out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom